Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing to see here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to see here...

At least that's what I told my better three quarters. I'm not sure she believed me. And yes, I know the Akorn is a cheap kamado but this one was very cheap! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200710_170138.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	881918
    Attached Files

MCS strikes again! Congrats on your new cooker. 👍

Comment

Congratulations on the cooker.

Comment

Congratulations on your new piece of equipment.

Comment

Looks pretty darn nice even if it was cheap. Congrats!

Comment

• aladdin4d
            aladdin4d commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that's what saved me. Her first comment was "Oh that's pretty"

Nice! Have fun!

Comment

Congrats, you’re gonna like that cooker!!

Comment

Nice! It will never look so clean again. Enjoy!!

Comment

• aladdin4d
                aladdin4d commented
                Editing a comment
                Baby Back Maniac says the trick is to clean it but I'm not convinced

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                aladdin4d LOVES me some BBM, he is jus so very fun, an genuine!!!!
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 9, 2021, 05:31 PM. Reason: Ficksed me tag tipoe! :-0

Hey, it’ll cook & the victuals won’t know the difference in the motel bill. Check out Baby Back Maniacs cook off tween kamado, his results might surprise you.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol!!! Loves me some victuals, Brother !!!!

• aladdin4d
                aladdin4d commented
                Editing a comment
                I have watched that one NOW, just not before. I was actually looking for a table or a cart and this cart with a kamado attached was the cheapest cart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A5C27C20-0ADF-4E83-BADD-E27F649C587F.jpeg
Views:	385
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	882299

I had one and I liked it, it is a good design but cheaply made, I bought mine on sale as well, I consider it a good first Kamado. The wind blew mine off the deck and damaged it a bit but I repaired it. My wife told me to buy a new one so I bought a Primo XL and sold the Akron. A digital temperature read out is a good addition, I never trusted the thermometer that came with it. A bag of lump charcoal will last a long time. Enjoy.

Comment

A new cooker and a good bargain = a good day, indeed.

Comment

Atta boy....get a fire going and toss some meat on there

Comment

I have an Akorn myself that I have had for almost 4 years. It has served me well. It is a great pizza and bread oven, and I am told that the smoked turkey I make with it is legendary.
                    It is definitely at the lower price point of the market, but it is a good investment, in my opinion. Especially if you are just wondering if you want to get into Kamados and aren’t sure yet.

congrats on the new cooker!

Comment

Congrats and I believe it's more about the operator than the tool. Look forward to some outstanding cooks.

Comment

Well look at it this way, you can use her, abuse her, then throw her away.....not talking about your wife of course

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here