Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an Akorn, and for $100, I would go buy another one! I use mine for baking bread, pizza, etc. They are also great for cooking chicken and turkey. You MUST get the smoking stone though (for thermal mass,) if you want to be able to control your temps.

Comment

I know you're a newbie but we have this thing called a 'search engine'. You plug in the name of the cooker and a magical review pops up and tells you all about it. You can't just come here, make us all stop what we're doing and explain the ins and outs of life for you, holding your dainty little hand and leading you to the promised land.

Other than that my advice would be to buy it.

Akorn
      Last edited by Troutman; September 30, 2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Fire Art
        Fire Art commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree but sometimes the Special ones need more help

Thought long and hard about buyin all three, they also had a Barrelhouse for $60. I had issues with taking care of things at home & mulled it over & came to a decision that I was going to pass on everything. I was cool with taming MCS. Victory!

I’m sitting readin to my wife about Huskee’s post of the top 50 BBQ places and after readin about Chris Lilly & Big Bob Gibsons & chicken & white sauce & more stuff...........I mentioned about this really good deal on the Akorns and that I had decided to forgo the sale. Looking to bank points for my next attack. My wife asked what can you do with that one, she knew a little about a kamado when I was considering one last year. To make a longer story a little shorter, she said : "why don’t you get it & here’s the money."
      Wholly molly! Pics following: Click image for larger version

Name:	09C98DCC-F521-4BD0-A2C8-15AA86427CD1.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	573344Click image for larger version

Name:	339C3DB4-8CEA-495F-99B0-DCB00A3CE0C0.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	573345
      Attached Files

Comment

Buy two of them.

Comment

I'd have jumped on that immediately, but I don't have any kamado types. In fact, I only have one outdoor cooker at all. It would have been a perfect storm for me.

Comment

My advice to cure MCS is to get two of your kids to schedule their weddings within 3 months of each other, while TWO of your three kids are still also in college and you are paying tuition. We just married off my oldest daughter this past Saturday... next wedding is in January (son).

I keep dreaming of buying a PBC or a Grilla, all sorts of things, and now my son is not wanting my old 2002 Genesis, but has selected a Weber Spirit II E-310 as the gift he wants at a wedding shower this month. So, my MCS will be deferred as I pay tuition (3rd installment of the semester was today), wedding #2 (groom related expenses) in January, and buy HIM a Weber gas grill in 2 weeks.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Too many numbers for me. 🤔

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep lost me at 3 months

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Never rains, but it pours!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here