Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with MCS

Saw an Akorn Kamado fer 100 denarii (that’s dollars for those in Oconomowoc). 👍 or 👎.
    Last edited by FireMan; September 28, 2018, 05:30 PM.

Sorry there is no help. Get out the check book.

Comment

I wasn’t even gonna read your post. Except it was very short and to the point.
      I was just going to say BUY it. Whatever it was. 😂 If for nothing else it would make a good beer cooler. 😳😎

Comment

admit it....you bought it before you posted didn't you....

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sheepishly I answer no, cuz there are three of em, so I figure I have a day ta think about it.

• xaugievike
          xaugievike commented
          Editing a comment
          in that case congrats on the imminent acquisition.

Isn’t your mantra buy it?

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup! Guess I should do what I say, then I’ll be doin what I do instead of sayin what I do. I just needed time for the calculated explanation on my new acquisition. Hmmm, I’ve already used up the saws a cuttin wood & the purdy feet there honey. I’ve also used up this is a heckuva deal. I’ll have one by the morning.

I think his real dilemma is whether he buys all three.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinkin about it, not over yet.

$ 40.00 - what was I supposed to do? This was today.

It'll do hotdogs! Supposedly those are bad to do in your main cookers, right? At least that's what I told my wife.

$ 60.00 yesterday - what was I supposed to do? Gotta see if it'll do a Pork Butt, uh, Shoulder, umm Boston, eh you know - the front side of a Pig. Right? Cripes, it came with the convection plate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Akorn 1.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	572092

A FULL SIZE AKORN, MY GAWD MAN! BUY TWO - ship one to me, please?

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I needed portable charcoal to go with my fold-up two-burner gasser and my Blackstone 26". Now I can slow overnight from the tent with the Akorn and cook quick with the side-box. I've also got a tripod with grate and hanger for plain old fire. Now I can survive on the road fishing. Mosca Steve B

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fire Art yep - understand. I used to be one of them and lost everything. Humbling, but straightens your head out. Now I'm rebuilding on a budget with Craig's List. And.... IT"S MORE FUN.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          The red one is a Junior. I have both sizes of Akorn, and I never have regretted the purchases.

Buy buy Buy. I’ll luv mine.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no cure. Go get it.

Comment

You know what they say about the desire of the eyes, and once a man forms a longing for something he's already committed a purchase in his heart....
            Last edited by Huskee; September 29, 2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              Guilty as charged Dang it
              Last edited by Fire Art; September 29, 2018, 12:50 PM.

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              So what you're saying is, since he has already committed a purchase in his heart, he might as well go ahead and do it for real?

Show us the pics!

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel another thread coming...…………..Akorn Kamado in the wild!

So my cousin is a general contractor and he is fixing my deck right now and i am terrified because of mcs - i am going to have a lot more room for cookers kitchens accessories... i don't have a kamado... i need counseling.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              True that

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              The only counseling that will work for you is right here in The Pit and that would be which Kamado to buy!! Don't forget the accessories you WILL NEED! Just start a post when you want the advice to begin coming your way.

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Too Late! You were done as soon as you THOUGHT about the extra deck space!

Nooooooooo

Comment

Really, anything that will hold the fire will grill, and anything that will hold the smoke will bbq. I have one of those $15 Australian grills that holds probably 30 hamburgers. Will it last as long as a Weber Kettle? No, but at $15, ten of them will.

Comment

That would be a hard pass for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here