Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akorn

after many hrs of reading I’m Excited about my new cooker I can see why there so much luv for this style of cooking
    Attached Files

I love the stuff in the background: kitty litter pail, partially opened pellets and briquettes, Costco TP (paper towels?), golf clubs…. I had to go check my shop to make sure you weren't out there taking this pic.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny! Maybe we should take a poll of cooks with neat shops verses lived in- in other words somewhat messy. I strive for meet but it is short lived before it goes to messy.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      It's pretty amazing LA Pork Butt how we can spend all day cleaning and organizing our shops/garages only to come out the next day to find it in total disarray. I think it's my shop cat's shenanigans, but so far he denies any culpability. He's at least covering for someone....

• Fire Art
      Fire Art commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt spent all summer cleaning to get it to look like this good

They are great! I started kamado cooking on an Akorn. After it rusted out I moved up to a Kamado Joe. They are good cookers for sure.

Comment

That is what I intend to do as well, the Akron is a good starter egg.

Comment

I have a acorn Jr love it

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to The Pit.

I've seen these pop up occasionally on Craig's List for really good prices, been tempted but never pulled the trigger. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

Comment

It is good for hot and fast . steaks pork chops
          ​​​​​​and low and slow like butts .chicken and ribs.
          check it out on u tube, it has a lot on it .
          I take it camping and use it all the time just don't leave it out side when not using it . Good for winter cooking too.

​​​​

​

​​​
          ​​​​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here