Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to stay in the kamado style cooker family, then consider a Big Green Egg XL or perhaps the Primo Oval XL. Both run on lump and give you a bit more room than the Akorn for cooking larger cuts of meat. Stickburners are a whole 'nother game. Lots of options available if you are simply looking for a better smoker/grill that runs on charcoal. One no one has mentioned is Meadow Creek. Look at their pig roaster series. PR36, 42, or 42COMBI.

Comment

Hi all,

For the past year I've been using a Traeger century. Wow - I am so dissapointed in the traeger! Happy to expand and discuss if anyone wants to - but never again!

I am close to pulling the trigger on a LSG Pellet grill, are there any of you that have one that I can talk to? I would like to chat with a real owner first!

thanks!

GEON

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi GEON, you may get a better response to this question by creating a new post in the Pellet Cookers > LSG channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...tar-grillz-lsg and asking this question. This topic here is in the Kamados > Akorn topic so your question, specific to the LSG pellet cooker, could easily be overlooked.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Welcome to the Pit, although it looks as if you’ve’ been a member for a while.

Comment

Dude
        You have a great custom builder in Monroe NC.....Great Smokers at very competitive prices and the craftsmanship is Top Notch
        Rocket Grillz can be found on Facebook.

Strongly suggest going with a stick burner

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here