Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS Travel Kettle Delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS Travel Kettle Delivered

Here it is. I am a hopeless SnS fanboy as well as a camper, ice fisherman, and hunter. So you know I pre-ordered. Some assembly required. Can’t wait to get it together and break it in.
    Attached Files

Awesome, can’t wait to see more

Comment

The above 👆 Mr. Ecowper and myself are also SNS fanboys. Ya did good.

Comment

Assembly took about 30 minutes. Got the gasket applied to the virgin lid. I think I should let the gasket adhesive cure overnight so the ribeyes and action shots will have to wait until tomorrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

I travel with a Weber Jumbo Joe, which needs replacing one of these days. Does this have any advantage over the Weber? No preconceived opinions, just looking for a great grill.

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
            SierraBBQGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great, definitely on my list to consider

• efincoop
            efincoop commented
            Editing a comment
            One other minor improvement over the Jumbo Joe is the cool touch top vent tab and the extended cool touch handle for the bottom vent/ash sweep.

• Razor
            Razor commented
            Editing a comment
            Baby Back Maniac had a good review and comparison on it; https://youtu.be/ksaoIArHX-A

Never knew .......... ?

Comment

Power not needed, has its advantage.

Comment

Power? What for?

Comment

• jhapka
                jhapka commented
                Editing a comment
                Pellet grill

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                The last time power went out during a winter storm, my Traeger no workie.
                Some friends lost power for over a week, for us 1-2 days. Had to cook in our small propane camping grill. But we got by.

Don’t know bout that, I was referring to this,

The Weber 18” Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill is a small, portable version of the classic kettle—it includes a Tuck-N-Carry lid lock and removable ash catcher.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly. No power is needed.

Well it grills food
              Attached Files

Comment

• efincoop
                efincoop commented
                Editing a comment
                How did it handle on the first run? Any tips I should know about?

• jhapka
                jhapka commented
                Editing a comment
                efincoop not really. If you’ve cooked on a kettle before there’s nothing new here. The smoke hole made it a little too easy to lock in 250

• efincoop
                efincoop commented
                Editing a comment
                That's great news, thanks. I have a Weber Performer with the SnS 2.0 and drip & griddle, so I was hoping this would be a portable version of that setup.

I couldn't help myself and ordered one last week. Mine got delivered to my daughter's house yesterday. We are headed there this weekend. I feel like a kid who can't wait for Christmas day!

Comment

It looks pretty nice. I used to have the Jumbo Joe but sold it since I never used it anymore so I doubt this one is on the radar.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here