Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Long Smoke On My SNS Kettle - St. Louis Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Long Smoke On My SNS Kettle - St. Louis Ribs

I had a friend over today for some football and thought I’d smoke some ribs and make a pot of pintos. I’ve always smoked them before on my WSM and wanted to do a long smoke on the SNS to see how I liked it. I’ll say this….I’m impressed enough that I’ll probably sell my little 14” WSM. It’s the smallest one they make, and you can only fit 1/2 a brisket or 1/2 slab of ribs on one grate. I don’t recommend the 14” WSM for someone as an only smoker. If I had it to do over, I would have bought the 18” at least.

Anyway, I’ve had 22” Weber Kettles before and I still have one at Mom’s, but I’ll say this….for anyone who doesn’t have a kettle at all, go with the SNS. The additional features they have over a comparable Weber is well worth it. I really liked having the port hole to run my grate temp probe wire.

I smoked a slab of Costco St. Louis cut ribs on the SNS today for 5 hours, using the SnS insert, B&B charcoal briquettes and 3 chunks of hickory. I used a tumbleweed off to one side of the coals and filled the water reservoir on the insert. After about 40 minutes I put the lid on and brought the grill to about 250*. After putting the ribs on I made a few adjustments to the vents and kept the temps around 250* to 275* for the whole cook.

The ribs turned out great, just the right amount of smoke and tenderness. They weren’t fall off the bone, but had a little tug to them….just like I like em. I was also impressed with how much more cook time I could have done with the remaining coals in the SnS insert, I probably had at least 8 hours of cook time from the filled insert, if not more. Anyone wanna buy a used Weber Smokey Mountain?

Click image for larger version

Name:	06361EEE-7B3C-4343-8736-EDE0FC67CC4D.jpeg
Views:	328
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	1137229

Name:	CCD49218-58C3-429B-A9D7-1587A44D759F.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1137230

Name:	39F10118-83BD-49BD-A2CD-451D4ACE142B.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	1137231

Name:	36F48DD6-542A-4680-9D79-F3BC5B34C2BF.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1137232

Name:	7930CD9F-D005-41F3-BB04-E0743CD80129.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1137233 Click image for larger version

Name:	34E014AE-8240-4D6A-B709-CDB1B2039D74.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1137234

ACTUAL UNBIASED REVIEW OF THE RIBS FROM MY FRIEND

They do look great.

I'll pm you my addy so you can send the $$.

Comment

LOL at the video. Well done!

Comment

Wonderful video. Glad to see you help the homeless!!

Comment

Damn, PJ. Those look amazing, and you're seriously ramping up my case of MCS.

Comment

Caught a whiff, th first sentence:
            I had a friend
            In a pig's arse ya did! Hogwash! Bullhonkery! Pshaw!

No pics, didn't happen.
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 4, 2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I am truly impressed. Great looking ribs. And from a Coors light drinker.
              I said it, Now where is my $10?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment

Nuthin like pics of Wibs that get better lookin as they go! 👍

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Yessir!

You have a friend? Wait, that's Toothless Joe from under the river bridge down by where your van is parked. He said you paid him 2 1/2 bottles of Boone's Farm to make that video.

Seriously though, the ribs look great. You and Eric seem to be enjoying the SnS Kettle, I'm impressed with my SnS Kamado so far. The SnS insert that I bought for the Weber I got from you is great too. We all have a lot of good cooks ahead of us.
              Last edited by 58limited; December 4, 2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Ribs and a ribbing. Good job all round Sir.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks holehogg It was all I could do to keep from busting out laughing while he was saying all that. 😂

Those look delicious…and the video is great!

Have you shared the pinto recipe? If not, can you? Those look mighty tasty!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chimin in on th whole danged 'BEANS IS OUR FRIENDS' Campaign...

Bean Receipt, PLEASE

Jus to make it fair, I'll reciprocate, in kind, on a 1:1 basis.

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Santamarina and Mr. Bones Thanks guys, I’ll post the recipe today.

Hahahaha that video! Knew it was coming, still hilarious

Comment

Ribs look great. My only regret is going to bed early last night missing the chance to be first to call out your lie about having a friend.

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You’re just pissed Jimbo cause I broke up with you.

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "The Young and Grill-less", stay tuned as the story continues.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here