Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK360

(EDIT: Let me preface this by stating I am not 100% serious with this post. There are obviously many caveats and this post is intended to spark discussion. Carry on.)

Aside from smokers, there is literally no point in having any other grill. IE Weber kettle, Kamado, etc. IMO this is the one to rule them all. That's it, that's the post. Thoughts?
    Last edited by OHurley88; February 5, 2021, 01:50 PM.

That's fantastic that it works for you and you're loving it! But... "literally no point in having any other grill"?. Wellllll..... that might be some enthusiasm not felt by all 'round these parts! I suppose a Corvette is a fantastic car but I wouldn't say there's no point in owning a truck too. Ya know?

Comment

• N227GB
      N227GB commented
      Editing a comment
      I have car MCS: two Corvettes and shopping for a third. 🤪

(Posted from my phone)

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      N227GB What do you do for work and are you hiring??

Too small for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      That's fantastic that it works for you and you're loving it! But... "literally no point in having any other grill"?. Wellllll..... that might be some enthusiasm not felt by all 'round these parts! I suppose a Corvette is a fantastic car but I wouldn't say there's no point in owning a truck too. Ya know?
      Ha! I'm a collector too man, and as far as size I could see needing a bigger or more "toys", but in all honesty, I can't justify buying a kettle or another Kamado after purchasing this guy.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep up that enthusiasm and post pics of your cooks!

Originally posted by zero_credit View Post
      Too small for me!
      I get that.

Comment

Some people around here enjoy the experience of cookin' on different cookers. Some prefer the results for chicken from one cooker over another. And beef on another...

If you are happy with your PK, good for you, but some here, (including me), might argue the point that a Kettle with a SnS is much more versatile than a PK.
        Last edited by RonB; February 5, 2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Pretty strong statement. But I have never cooked on a PK and actually have never seen one. So I certainly am in no position to disagree.

However I will say that although one particular type of grill might be all one needs, having multiple choices is part of the fun and allows for variety in various ways. I have nine cookers in my outdoor arsenal and use them all. Some more than others for sure. But all get used. Like I said, it’s part of the fun. Wifey thinks I’m nuts though. 🤣🤷‍♂️

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            We all think you’re nuts. Not just your wife.

Welcome from Texas to the pit OHurley88! Uh, that’s a heckuva 7th post. Not even ME would have come out with a comment like that. 😂 We do kid each other sometimes, around here. And I’m kidding also.kind of Prepare though, for possibly a few people who might disagree.
          Last edited by Panhead John; February 5, 2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OHurley88 View Post

Ha! I'm a collector too man, and as far as size I could see needing a bigger or more "toys", but in all honesty, I can't justify buying a kettle or another Kamado after purchasing this guy.
            But... If you already have a Weber Performer, there's no reason to get a PK360.

It's a great tool. But it does the same thing other tools do.

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
              Welcome from Texas to the pit OHurley88! Uh, that’s a heckuva 7th post. Not even ME would have come out with a comment like that. 😂 We do kid each other sometimes, around here. And I’m kidding also.kind of Prepare though, for possibly a few people who might disagree.
              Right? Obviously, I was being a bit sarcastic, but there is always some truth to the sarcasm as well haha. Like I said, I put way too much money towards grilling and smoking (or at least my wife would tell you I do) and enjoy discussion about any bit of gear I get my hands on or am looking to try, but in this instance, given the versatility and the durability of the PK, it is very hard to beat, especially if you are cooking dinner for a smaller family.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                But ya know something OHurley? I like that you’re not afraid to speak your mind. Good for you. Oh, one more thing.....we don’t put up with sarcasm here. 😂

Originally posted by Mosca View Post

But... If you already have a Weber Performer, there's no reason to get a PK360.

It's a great tool. But it does the same thing other tools do.
              I love Weber, don't get me wrong. I feel they missed the ball with the pellet grill, but other than that, they are great. However (this is the only thing I disagree with), they are nowhere near as durable as the PK and don't have the same control built-in. I would definitely get a performer if that's what I wanted, no question.

Comment

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, but if you already have a Performer, do you need a 360?

And in the darkness bind them.....

I have a PK360 and absolutely love it. Fantastic grill and small smoker. I will be passing it down to my children and probably my children's children. Marine grade aluminum lasts a long, long time. I would not trade it for any other grill.

But the PK360 still has a few limitations.

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
                mrteddyprincess commented
                Editing a comment
                I cook on my PK360 sometimes three times a week. I love it, but I am jealous of my Weber kettle friends who have a little more grill space than I do. If I had a bigger patio I'd have a Weber out there too!

Originally posted by TripleB View Post
              And in the darkness bind them.....

I have a PK360 and absolutely love it. Fantastic grill and small smoker. I will be passing it down to my children and probably my children's children. Marine grade aluminum lasts a long, long time. I would not trade it for any other grill.

But the PK360 still has a few limitations.
              It does. I am with you on the durability. I think that was the final selling point for me. Best steaks I've ever had have come off the PK.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Aaron Franklin says the same things in his book on steak. He uses a PK Original.

I'm on my third WSJ in 25 years so I hear you on PK durability. I'll probably get their new little model if the GrillGrates people make a size to fit.

(Posted from my phone)

Comment

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got grill grates for the pk360. They are pretty much unnecessary. A small flat cast iron griddle will cover the flat functionality and for grill side the PK360 can get plenty hot enough and grill grates aren’t needed.

Of course for small things that fall through the grate or controlling flare ups GG works well, but I don’t even know where I put them now a few years later.

The Original WSCG is the One Grill to Rule Them All.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here