Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm the Victim!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the Victim!

Yes, I fell victim to a case of extreme MCS...my PK360 will be arriving today or tomorrow to replace my weber kettle. The wife...will be in for a surprise when it arrives.

I felt I needed to confess my sins here!

Wait, you are replacing a kettle? GASP!!!!!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what I’m thinking too! 😱😱😱

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Right..

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Welllll...I'm not getting rid of the kettle. It'll be occupying a spot on the shop for whenever I need it.

You came to the wrong place to confess sins, I think you made a great decision. You'll love the 360

Comment

Confessing an MCS purchase here is like confessing drinkin' too much to an alcoholic priest...

Comment

• JakeT
        JakeT commented
        Editing a comment
        The only difference is the priest would likely tell you to stop drinking too much and give you a few Our Fathers...here the drinking is encouraged haha

You have been absolved.
      Good luck...
      or maybe
      MCS is a victimless crime.
      Last edited by tiewunon; January 21, 2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

So I figured somebody needs to recognize that your are getting an awesome new cooker. Congratulations ! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out on it.

Comment

• JakeT
          JakeT commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m still in shock but I’ll get over it now that we have that clarified.

Your sin is getting rid of one... 😜 congrats on the PK, I’m a bit jealous.

Comment

your penance is 5 rib racks and 2 tri-tips....get smokin!

Comment

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds awfully close to your recent Creekstone Farms order!

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            Let’s just say my palate and my soul are very close

Congrats on the PK360...keep the kettle!

Comment

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely keeping the kettle!

My 360 is probably my favorite cooker. I got it in addition to my kettle only because I wanted to have the extra cooking space if needed but it’s a fantastic rig. You made a great choice!

Comment

That kind of surprise would cause SWMBO to make sure I was a victim...

Comment

• JakeT
              JakeT commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sure I'll pay...but I'll also have a 360 and some good eats!

hahaha, LFG!

Comment

congrats! what do you like about the pk over the kettle (other than portability)?

Comment

• TripleB
                TripleB commented
                Editing a comment
                PK360 is not very portable. Weber kettle easier to move around. But a few of my reasons:
                1) Durability - Marine grade aluminum, I will be passing it down to my children. I'm on my 3rd weber due to corrosion.
                2) It seals very well. Weber leaks around the edges.
                3) Built in SnS.
                4) Great vent controls.
                5) Seems to me the sweet spot is 350 d. Easy to achieve and easy to bring back up to temp.
                6) Temp gauge is at grate level, not near the top of the lid.

• JakeT
                JakeT commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the dual zone cooking abilities for one. Also a bit more aesthetically pleasing to the eye and it's going to sit up on my deck visible from the entryway when you walk into the house. It's mostly going to by my winter/rain cooker.

Congrats on the PK360. It's a great grilling piece of equip and small smoker. For grilling and roasting I probably use my PK360 80% and my weber w/ vortex 20%. Love my PK.

Comment

No forgiveness here. Congrats

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here