Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PKGo Grill coming in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PKGo Grill coming in October

PK has posted more info about their new "Hibachi-sized" capsule grill. Available mid-October for $270 (ouch). Looks like an additional accessory will be available to turn the cover into a second grill.

Some more pictures and details here.
    View the award-winning Original PK Grill and Smoker here! The Original PK Grill will be the best and last grill you'll ever purchase. Get yours today.

Looks cool but I have a feeling I'll be sticking with my Smokey and Jumbo Joes.

Comment

I'm liking that, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather have the PK original with the portable stand. I guess it's nice to have options.

Comment

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I did. Bought both the portable and table top stands. Never really liked the original stand.

Looks like they no longer offer the Original with the table top stand.

Comment

I will stick with the trusty old Lodge Sportsman. I do use it half a do,en times a year and love the old thing but mini grills are limited in functionality.

Comment

The cover as a 2nd grill is pretty cool if it happens

Comment

Beautiful piece of equipment!

Comment

Nice, I really like this one!! A bit too pricey, yes, but nice!

Comment

It looks nice and is probably light and portable. As you may know I turned a char-griller firebox into a reasonably performance tabletop/portable. I don't have a 'hibachi' size, but the Lodge hibachi can probably last as long as the PK capsule, and you can buy lots of food to grill with the savings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSB 2.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	894585

Comment

I like the water-shedding top vents and an opening for a temp probe. I'm guessing the FlipKit is optional but I wouldn't need that. I'm not a fan of cast iron grill grates, so if I could replace them with aluminum GrillGrates this would sell me.

I'm on my third WSJ and he's getting kind of tired. I've had Webers, including gassers, for decades but it would be nice to have something that doesn't wear out or rust.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm with you on wear out and rust. I would rather not have to deal with hot coals at end of cook.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You said wear out and rust, I thought you were talking about me!

• N227GB
                  N227GB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I received a quick reply to my email questions from PK this afternoon-

The FlipKit is included, but they don't have any info on GrillGrates right now.

I do know that the GrillGrates people can do custom sizes, so that shouldn't be a roadblock.

I have wanted a small charcoal grill for the time when the 22" kettle is more than what I need. I keep looking at Smokey Joe's but having had one in the past, I remember their performance isn't that great. But geez you can buy something like 8 SJ's for the price of one of these! I would not need the flip kit and a good thing thing with that being an option.

Comment

I like it, though I don't have much of a need for a portable grill. Recently bought the PK360 and see that they've addressed to of the minor shortcomings on that model: Water getting in through the exhaust vents, and probe access. Not sure I understand how the notches on the top vents keep all the water out, but maybe there's more to it than I can see in the pics. And assuming the probe port is the sliding window at the right rear, it seems less than ideal, as opening the lid is still going to tug on the wires. But still better then snaking them in from the top exhaust port, which is what I'm currently doing. Wonder if these mods will work there way into a next gen PK360.

Comment

Looks like they're struggling with the supply chain. The delivery date keeps slipping. I feel sorry for them.

Comment

I noticed today that it will be available without the FlipKit for $169.

View the award-winning Original PK Grill and Smoker here! The Original PK Grill will be the best and last grill you'll ever purchase. Get yours today.

Oct 15th is still the ship date.

Comment

• Old Glory
                        Old Glory commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like it without the flip

I just bought one, It is supposed to be here Friday. The wife wasn't too happy as she rightfully pointed out we already have a 26 inch kettle, a Yoder smoker, a bullet smoker, a way too big for are needs Summit Gas grill and 2 other portable grills. I told her that we live in a place were it gets extremely cold(windchill today was -21 F) and since I grill year round I need something I can place close to door and that retains heat better than sheet metal but in reality that was just the lying I was telling myself to justify the amount of money I spent on this tiny grill.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome. I see you're going to fit right in here.

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are in good company here.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here