Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my new PK TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! Fitting a brisket would be a challenge. I use the kettle for that. Doing a comparison cook would produce the same flavors, since it’s the same fuel and temp.

i like the PK for its looks, build quality and (in my mind) being ‘cooler’. The kettle with the SnS for better capacity.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      So it cooks cooler by being cooler? So much for that same temp fallacy you perpetuated in the first 'stanza' of your post.

Congrats on your new cooker, but you know it stirs MCS in the rest of us.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      MCS is a beast, hard to tame :-)

Hey Henrik do you know why PK says the PKTX uses the same capsule as the Original but lists the cooking surface as 22.5x15.2 or 342? Original is listed as 305.

https://www.pkgrills.com/the-origina...ker-matte-red/
    Last edited by STEbbq; August 28, 2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, no idea. I guess they’re referring to the general shape with vents and all. The difference in cooking area is negligible IMO.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here