Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairly large gap in PK original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairly large gap in PK original

Hello, I finally purchased a PK TX. As I was cooking with it I noticed a pretty large gap between the upper and lower capsules on one side more towards the front(towards the handle). I know these aren't going to seal perfect, the rest of it is fine. The Gap is around 3/16" to maybe 1/8". Is this a common thing with the original capsule? I not sure if I'm going to use a liquid hight temp sealer for just the Gap or get a felt gasket to install around the bottom of the upper capsule. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks everyone!

I do not believe that is common at all. I recommend you call PK's customer service and ask for a fix.

Comment

Thank you #Alphonse. The problem is I already sent back the 1st capsule I received because it didn't have the TX handle holes in it. They sent me new top and bottom and now I have this gap. I may have let too much time go by to have this resolved by PK since I got it in Jan. And used it a couple times. I guess I should take pictures of it and send them to their customer service e-mail again and see what happens.

Comment

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        Betting that they will take care of it. They have a good guarantee. The replacements were likely messed up at the foundry who casts them for PK.

It is the top or the bottom that is warped or ground wrong?

You have likely seen this video but just in case you haven't, here it is.

Thank you Alphonse for your response.

Comment

I dont have that problem with my PKO. I have noticed that if the top isnt seated properly at the hinges then sometimes it doesnt close quite properly but all that has ever required is a jiggle or just reseat it.

EDIT: typo, should read if the top isnt seated
        Last edited by grantgallagher; February 20, 2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I'll have to post some pics later tonight when I'm back home. Thanks grantgallagher. So are you happy with yours? This gap is just sucking in too much air for me to adjust the temp with charcoal and dampers. I know it will work much better if this gap wasn't there. Glad to hear so far that this isn't normal in the casting. Almost seems like someone took a scoop out with the grinder at the factory.
          ​​​​

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve74 I absolutely love mine. I have cooked almost exclusively on it since i got it.

Cool, thanks grantgallagher for your input! Glad to hear your enjoying your PK.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here