Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know What Model This Is? Vintage PK Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know What Model This Is? Vintage PK Grill

Found this for sale for $300. If I decide to buy it, I would offer less because by the time I pay shipping I could buy a new original PK. Any idea of the model? All feedback appreciated. It has a 22" X 14.5" cooking grate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	248.0 KB ID:	798333

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	271.6 KB ID:	798332

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.5 KB ID:	798331
    Last edited by 58limited; January 31, 2020, 07:04 PM.

That is a 60's model and is essentially the same size as the current PK Original.

It needs a new charcoal grate and the food grate has some mileage on it. The cart needs some attention too and the shelves are missing.

Be sure and get a photo of the hinges, they can break off. Since they are cast aluminum, the repair becomes difficult and expensive unless you have a TIG welder. Also check the bottom to make sure it is not warped.

It would be cool to have an old one like that but you could easily over spend on it and have more in it than a new one costs , I would save myself a lot of trouble and just buy a new one and be done.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is really good insight and advice.

1960's model. Won't work with your 1958 motif.

Comment

Thanks, I'll just buy a new one.

Comment

I know this is a late comment but that is the grill I learned to cook on!! It was finally junked after a tree crushed it in a hurricane in the early 90s!

Comment

My dad got one of these in Vietnam in '68. It was his first good grill. He still had it in 1990 when I visited between duty stations in 1991. He got rid of it in around 1995. By then the cart and the grills were no more.

I still remember the smoked chicken he made on it. Legendary. He used a rub and a vinegar mop that he learned from one of his buddies from North Carolina. To this day I haven't been able do duplicate the taste.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here