Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 PK - Still Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1973 PK - Still Cooking

Thought I’d share this with the PK crowd... this is the exact cooker I grew up with, the thing on which we burned dogs & burgers and overcooked steaks and chicken. My sister has it now, my bro-in-law just sent me this pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F28E4AA-E01E-42FA-A301-4FE9CE17A12D.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	779341

When I was at my parents house for Thanksgiving, mom pulled these out...

Original manual:

Name:	15F03729-53AE-4DBA-B97E-5104432008CB.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	779342

Receipt - my mom’s dad purchased it for them:

Name:	A8A4C46F-2269-4F4D-AC26-ABF7E9BE6710.jpeg
Views:	396
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	779343

I told them to NEVER sell it!

Very cool to still have a family heirloom. I have all my parents stuff, furniture, etc, including the 1956 Ford F-100 my father bought brand new when he was 17. I came home from the hospital hatchery in that truck and grew up in it. It will never be sold.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      That is AWESOME!

Great stuff.

Comment

Flipping awesome!

Comment

Love it. I picked up an old PK last year and it looks very similar to that one. Looking forward to passing it on to my kids.

Comment

Magnificent!

Comment

Very cool. I’m gonna buy one in January.

Comment

It would be really cool to have that manual scanned and posted - if that wouldn't infringe on copyrights.

Comment

"Informal Cooking" , hmmmmm. Great stuff!

Comment

This is terrific

Comment

That's cool. It's true they last a life time.

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Nice to know your parents didn't flip flop, when it came to buying cookers. Unlike their son. pbc, pbc, pbc…….lol

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                        FishTalesNC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        HawkerXP totally, if I still lived in Fredericksburg I’d lug the Bronco up there and we’d fire up our barrels and crack open cold beers. 🍻

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You know I just bought a house in Gasburg on lake Gaston. Just inches from NC.
                        We may just have to do a Va / NC meatup!

• FishTalesNC
                        FishTalesNC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jealous! In the back of my mind I’ve wondered for a decade about retiring on one of the lakes up there. Make sure you get over to Weldon in the spring for some crazy striper fishing!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here