Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first cook on the PK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks awesome! One of my favorite meals! Cheers!

Comment

I agree with Alphonse on the stainless grate. I still use the original steel one for indirect smoking - I completely removed the flip-up part so I can pile the charcoal/wood higher on long cooks. But for direct over the coals, the stainless still looks great after many high-heat cooks.

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
        Good job and way to break in a new toy.

I see that you broke the connection in the middle of the Grillgrates, to avoid thermal conductivity. Did each set of panels even out, temperature-wise? I.e. was the indirect end mostly all in that mid 300's, while the direct end was all in the 600's?

I've done indirect in my gasser using the grill grates, breaking them apart in the center, but not in my kettle with charcoal. Just never thought to, as the kettle only has 3 panels for the entire set. I just use them for direct grilling in the kettle for some reason.
        Yes, I broke the connection between the steaks and the asparagus sections. The charcoal was under the steaks. There was about a 300 degree difference in temperature between the two sections. The temps did indeed even out, and the grate sections over the charcoal were in the low 600s, while the indirect end was in the 300s. The temperature was pretty close to consistent at all points of each section.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I haven't been online for a while.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here