Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK Original stainless grate upgrade is worth the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK Original stainless grate upgrade is worth the money

If you were curious about why this thing costs $80, $60 right now though!, I’ve provided a picture below with both side by side.

The quality difference is astounding. It’s a big chunk of stainless steel! Absolutely worth the upgrade. As much as I paid for it, this should have come with it from the factory, because the standard grate is crap, but what are you gonna do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	776195Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	776196

Nice! That's a good sale too. Yes, SS is expensive and it terms of grill grates is most often worth the upgrade. I've bought SS grates for all my kettles and it's definitely a worthy upgrade, albeit not cheap.

Comment

@Huskee

yep, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a necessity for me. I was very dissatisfied with the quality of the original grate, which you don’t hear about much on here as most people have the PK 360 which comes standard with this same "marine grade stainless" 304 I think. But balked a bit at the full retail price, 25% of what I originally paid for the grill!

my kamado joe however came with stainless and seeing how those are holding up convinced me to jump on it when the Black Friday deals came out.

i wanted to post this on here though, because I was really impressed with the gauge of stainless they’re using. It’s heftier than my KJ grates!

figured it’d be helpful for people on the fence.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here