Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PKGO owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PKGO owners

Anyone know of grate that is not cast iron that fits the PKGO? I hate the rough cast iron one it comes with. PITA to clean. I'm not interested GGs that just sit on top. I contacted KillaGrilla to see if they planned on making one and they said no.

Premium and affordable stainless steel grill grates created custom for you. A great upgrade for your current grill! A great gift for dad

I have not used them.

Comment

• Rod
      Rod commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Just sent them an inquiry.

• Rod
      Rod commented
      Editing a comment
      Turns out they can't do anything with rounded corners.

I agree the stock grates, especially with the lipped edge are not simple to clean... currently I use a small wire brush to get the sides. If you ever find something you like that doesn't cost more than the cooker I'd be interested.

Comment

Good question, I’d be interested as well in hearing if you have success in finding alternate grates. I don’t really have a problem with the CI ones, I keep them well seasoned with bacon grease and they clean up pretty well with warm water and using The Ringer, but yeah, CI does take more work. It never made sense to me to put heavy CI grates on a grill that’s designed primarily for travel/camping. They did it for cost, I guess, but it sure does add to the weight. Wouldn’t mind have a lighter weight option on hand for travel.

Comment

I contacted PK a while back to see if they were going to sell any SS grates as an accessory and they pretty much said no. I didn't like the cast iron at first but after learning to cook with cast iron grates I don't mind it(I still prefer SS grates though). In order to keep the grates from rusting I do pretty much the opposite of what most people say to do. I never clean the cast iron grate after cooking on it. Doing this seems to keep the moisture from contacting the metal for the most part. I also use this grill a lot so that probably also helps. Don't get me wrong I do clean grates but only right before I use it and after the coals hit it up. Doing it this way I have never had it rust up. I do agree though the lip makes it harder to clean but it also allows you to flip the grate to adjust the height some.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here