Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Strikes Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Strikes Again

Well I did a thing. Got a new PK 360. Currently doing its first burn in. Have a Fireboard Thermometer to help monitor temperature and it’s been holding steady for 3 hours at 235-250. I’m busy trying to learn how to control the temp. Took awhile to get it to 225, however, I was paranoid about over shooting the temp and began closing the vents down earlier than I maybe should have. Used a couple of fire bricks to keep my coals banked to one side.

I do have a question for y’all that cook with this pit a lot do you find any difference in temp maintenance when you have a chub of meat in the pit? This seems pretty easy to control, however, I’ve a bit of OCD so I think I’m fiddling too much. Thanks in advance.

Tomorrow will be cooking my birthday meal on it - Reverse searing some Prime Ribeyes with some grilled veggies.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sweaty Paul; November 8, 2021, 06:36 PM.

I tried to sneak one of these or the new PK in a few weeks ago, I got shut down... I really like my little PKGO and if I have to stock charcoal anyway... but got told that wasn't a good enough reason. That's the color I was eyeballin' too

Comment

Sweaty Paul Sure is pretty! Are you sure you want to cook on it and get it dirty? I know you will enjoy it!!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        It is always a bit painful to do the first cook and know that no matter how hard you try it’ll n ver be as pretty. Here we go.

Congrats. One of those probably aren’t in my future but they sure do know how to make a good looking grill.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        It is pretty and I’m even more impressed with how well built it really is. The machine work is impressive.

Now that's a proper birthday present to yourself. Enjoy!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        It is indeed and my wife reminded me of just such a fact.

Very nice. Looking forward to hearing more from your cooks.

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker! Gotta say, I like your patio too, nice brick and flooring as well. I can also tell that you’re probably a neat freak like myself. Am I correct?

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the compliments. We just got the back patio done. It’s made a world of difference. Absolutely a neat freak when it comes to the cookers and the patio!

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          I keep my Traeger clean, MAMA sweeps the patio, and together we gather up the leaves.

Nice Rig there Bro!!

Comment

This is a pic of the of the temps on the PK. The two dips are when I tried to collect the coals into a tighter pile. Temps came right back up. Running 235-245 pretty steadily. More work than the Yoder to maintain temps, however, I’m going to take the blame for checking temps a lot and playing little games that probably aren’t necessary. All the way around I’m impressed and think I could do an overnight cook and get a few hours sleep without worry.
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker and your birthday, many happy returns on both. Enjoy.

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

I really like the look of that PK. Congrats and happy birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday!

I have a 360 and use it to cook steaks, chops, chicken, and the like with Grill Grates in it. The Grill Grates help avoid flare ups and holds temps pretty consistently.

I personally do not use mine very often for a two zone cook. The real estate is a bit too limited for my preferences for that type of cook. However lots of folks appear to use it successfully as a two zone cooker. I have a cousin that uses his to cook briskets!

The Grill Grates in a PK360 can be a PITA unless you find a way to tie them down. They slip around on the factory grates and I found them quite frustrating until I built a system to make them independent of the factory grates.

Comment

• TexasRob
                    TexasRob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't realize the Grill Grates were that tough to use. Would you mind sharing the system you came up with for using the Grill Grates please? I'm considering adding another grill that I really don't need to my collection! Lol It's just the wife and I and 3 fur babies....but it's my way to unwind from work.

• Alphonse
                    Alphonse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    TexasRob; here's a video of it.

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Congrats! The 360 is definitely on the short list of cookers I’d love to own and you got my favorite color too. Now you need to go and get one of these as it fits perfectly on the 360.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                      Sweaty Paul commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Certainly worth eyeballing!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here