Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just ordered my PK360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered my PK360

Ok..So i finally purchased the grill that I have eyeing for a couple of years now. while I await for my delivery..i would love some feedback on what to expect and some lessons learn from PK360 owners.

Congrats!!

PK360 takes all the great elements of the classic 1952 PK, improves the design, beefs up construction and delivers one beautiful charcoal grill. We tested and reviewed this classic, versatile charcoal grill and gave it our Best Value AmazingRibs.com Platinum Medal. The rectangular shape makes it a 2-zone king.

Comment

• AnoHito
      AnoHito commented
      Editing a comment
      That very review is what got me interested in the PK 360...and is why I joined the pitmaster club

Nice choice.

Comment

• AnoHito
      AnoHito commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Have had one a few years now, still use it a couple times a month. Mostly steak, using grill grates. You like it.

Comment

• AnoHito
      AnoHito commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. It's ability to cook steaks was one of the biggest reasons for the purchase. I did get the grill grates so i'm stoked to give them a try.

Lots of people here really like them. Congrats.

Comment

Let the fun begin!

Comment

• AnoHito
        AnoHito commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck Yeah! Can't wait!

For years I've been playing around with an older Weber kettle that I had inherited. It mostly works fine, but I have a difficult time getting it to hold steady at 225-275 because the bottom vents have corroded out and no longer seal properly. I want to upgrade to something that can do low n slow cooks, but my wife isn't too

Comment

• AnoHito
        AnoHito commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the link. You cooks looked awesome...I hope to get on that level someday. Is that the grill more accessory you have? Should I get one? Thanks!

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations. You will love it. My favorite grill and small smoker. You will probably hand it down to your grandkids because it is virtually indestructible. Holds heat very well when you cook indirect. The only drawback, and very minor, is that it is not really portable. Yes, it has wheels, but meh….

the new ones have ports for wires now I think (I had to drill a hole in mine). Again, congrats and have fun. Oh, and go by an ash can to hang under the ash clean out. I don’t understand why they don’t sell them as part of their accessories.

Comment

• AnoHito
          AnoHito commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I will definitely get out to buy an ash can. I look forward to getting many years out of this grill.

I used briquettes in the PK360 for a long time and someone convinced me to switch to lump. I like the lump better because it doesn't leave as much ash behind. Also, lump relights, so on a short cook I can shut off the air to stop the combustion and then use what's left over the next time I cook. I can cook about ten times before I have to clean out the ashes when I use lump charcoal.

Comment

• AnoHito
          AnoHito commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for your input. I have always used briquettes but, understand what you are saying about the amount of ash. What brand of Lump do you use?

• mrteddyprincess
          mrteddyprincess commented
          Editing a comment
          I am partial to the brands who profess to use American hardwoods. I've had some strange experiences with lump produced in countries where I'm not familiar with the wood. They tend to burn a lot hotter. I also have found that paying a little more steps you up to the level where you are less likely to find foreign objects in the bag along with your charcoal :-)

I am happy for you.
        Even though it is not a pellet grill.
        Live long and BBQ.

Comment

Congratulations. I've had one since they were first introduced in Dec of 2016. It's one of my favorite grills and I use it quite a bit. I've also done some longer cooks on it and it does quite well. You just have to experiment with how much lit coals you need for longer cooks.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleB View Post
            Congratulations. You will love it. My favorite grill and small smoker. You will probably hand it down to your grandkids because it is virtually indestructible. Holds heat very well when you cook indirect. The only drawback, and very minor, is that it is not really portable. Yes, it has wheels, but meh….

the new ones have ports for wires now I think (I had to drill a hole in mine). Again, congrats and have fun. Oh, and go by an ash can to hang under the ash clean out. I don’t understand why they don’t sell them as part of their accessories.
            Nope, I just bought one, no holes for wires. Seems they overlook this.

Comment

Congrats! When is ETA. Pics please!

Comment

• AnoHito
                AnoHito commented
                Editing a comment
                Should have it here by the Labor day weekend....Trying to figure out my first cook..any ideas?

• au4stree
                au4stree commented
                Editing a comment
                AnoHito, I smoked some chuckie's on my 360 for the first cook. 'twas delicious

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here