Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK 360 temp adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK 360 temp adjustment

My loving wife offered to buy me a new grill, and after a lot of looking, I chose the PK 360, it arrived about a week ago, and I've done burgers, ribeyes, and pork chops so far, two zone cooking for the ribeyes and pork chops.

The meat coming off it is great, but does anyone have any tips regarding temp adjustment and getting down to 225?

on the ribeyes, I filled a weber chimney starter, and spent a lot of time fiddling with the vents, but could never get temp below 350.

The second time, I used only have a chimney, and was able to go low, but then nearly choked out the fire.

Any suggestions from folks with more experience with this grill?

Start with both right side vents closed and both left side open. Pile coals to the right. Light a handful on the chimney and dump the list coals on the front or back of your right side pile. Once the temp hits 200 or so, trim the upper left to about 1/4-1/3 open. Then use the lower left vent to dial in your indirect temp with food on the left side. If you want to target 350 I’d light a half a chimney or more to start.

a divider to keep the coals banked on one side helps and so does putting foil under the food on the left to direct the incoming air to the firebox. Of course you can mirror this if you want the food on the right.

you don’t need a thermostatic controller but I use one because I like to run long cooks overnight.

This guide will show you how I installed a BBQ guru Pit Viper fan to the PK360. Credit & thanks to PolarBear777 for the help. First here is a picture of the

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I’d also add, when I want my temp a bit lower in my 360, I light less coals in my chimney. But Polarbear777 is the go-to on the PK360.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here