Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS deluxe kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS deluxe kettle

Click image for larger version

Name:	43138B26-F0E8-4D32-B2B7-BECE2F090686.jpeg
Views:	493
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	988008 What I bought after I gave up on a used Weber a couple weeks ago.
    assembled today, burn in tomorrow.
    not to thrilled about Made in China but looks good.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BE6DB7EB-7FF4-42AA-A2DE-D138E3955678.jpeg
Views:	497
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	988009

Here's hopin that ya have many Great Cooks on it, an share em with us, Amigo!

Comment

• PNWsmoke
      PNWsmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks
      Your a Coastie?

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      PNWsmoke nope, not a Coastie....

Usedta be a Seabee, though...

I get you about where it’s made, but what can you find under $1000 in the grill world made here? If someone is going to spec, QA, and support it right, it’s going to be Dave. Here’s to wishing you years of great cooks on it

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, not that I don’t think this is equal to or better than the base Weber kettle, what made you give up on the Weber?

• PNWsmoke
      PNWsmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Original plan was to get used Weber and Titan Santa Maria mod.
      Then dealing with people on offer up, craigslist and Facebook for a few days I lost patience and impulse bought the SNS. Kinda went a little crazy cause just before that got some Grillgrates for Weber gasser

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      You won't regret any of those purchases, PNWsmoke .

Enjoy

Congrats. Looking forward to your cooks!

Comment

Free shipping and no tax was nice

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Can't wait to see it in action!

Comment

Congrats on your new cooker.

Comment

Congrats! I'm quite sure you made a solid move and won't be disappointed.

Comment

The four legs will work fine on a flat surface. Weber's with three legs won't wobble. If I remember my geometry. So I may have a solution for the four-leg wobble. Shims, use shims of different thicknesses and a 3-foot level. But no shims, no problem use flattened cans of PBR. Of course, you will need to empty them before use.
                Happy grilling to you.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  [taking notes on how to properly empty cans of PBR...]

PNWsmoke Congrats on getting your new grill, and I hope you enjoy it for many many years to come!

While it may not be manufactured in the USA, SNSGrills is USA owned and operated, and my experience is that they stand behind their products, totally. I've had two minor things with the SNS Deluxe Kamado I received in January, and both were taken care of quickly by email, with replacement parts sent to me via Fedex super quick.

Sadly, unless you buy an older Weber grill (Genesis up until 2016 or older Weber Kettle), most of what Weber, the icon of USA backyard grilling, makes, is now only assembled here from parts likely made in China. A couple of years ago, Weber still claimed to make all kettle grills and Summit grills in America. They no longer have that claim anywhere on their website, and sources I have found now say that none of their grills can lay claim to be manufactured in the USA - only assembled here.

Right now the only American made charcoal grills are going to be the PK grills, Hasty Bakes, and the huge assortment of high quality but expensive offsets and grills that are made all over the country. None of that stuff comes at the price tag of a SNS or Weber Kettle unfortunately.

So don't get so hung up on things, realize you did in fact support a USA based company with your purchase, and enjoy cooking on it for many years to come!

My son and one of my son in laws are interested in a charcoal grill/smoker this year, and I am going to steer them both towards the SNS Kettle (mostly to keep them from stealing my 2007 Performer Deluxe!).
                Last edited by jfmorris; February 11, 2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
                  PNWsmoke Congrats on getting your new grill, and I hope you enjoy it for many many years to come!

While it may not be manufactured in the USA, SNSGrills is USA owned and operated, and my experience is that they stand behind their products, totally. I've had two minor things with the SNS Deluxe Kamado I received in January, and both were taken care of quickly by email, with replacement parts sent to me via Fedex super quick.

Sadly, unless you buy an older Weber grill (Genesis up until 2016 or older Weber Kettle), most of what Weber, the icon of USA backyard grilling, makes, is now only assembled here from parts likely made in China. A couple of years ago, Weber still claimed to make all kettle grills and Summit grills in America. They no longer have that claim anywhere on their website, and sources I have found now say that none of their grills can lay claim to be manufactured in the USA - only assembled here.

Right now the only American made charcoal grills are going to be the PK grills, Hasty Bakes, and the huge assortment of high quality but expensive offsets and grills that are made all over the country. None of that stuff comes at the price tag of a SNS or Weber Kettle unfortunately.

So don't get so hung up on things, realize you did in fact support a USA based company with your purchase, and enjoy cooking on it for many years to come!

My son and one of my son in laws are interested in a charcoal grill/smoker this year, and I am going to steer them both towards the SNS Kettle (mostly to keep them from stealing my 2007 Performer Deluxe!).
                  Actually I think only the original PK is still made in the USA. I recently bought a PKGO and it say made in China right on the box and everything I read online also suggest the PK360 is also made in china. For small companies like SNS unless they have millions of dollars to buy the manufacturing equipment they have to out source manufacturing. My guess is unfortunately there are not many US based manufactures that can tool up there equipment at a cost cheap enough for a small company like SNS to sell there kettles at reasonable price. By the way I also just bought an SNS kettle to replace my old weber kettle(should be here tomorrow)and before anyone ask why I didn't buy another weber, the SNS comes with a real 304 stainless steel grate not plated steel like the weber that will rust on me because I never take good care of my grates.

Comment

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I deal with manufacturing too, and tooling costs are about 3-4x as high here in the US as "offshore". Most of my stuff uses molded plastic housings, and while the plastic cost is the same, the tooling cost is dramatically different. For one product, tooling overseas was about $150k. Tooling domestically was around $400k. For a company with 30 employees and a few million in revenue, we were forced to do the tooling offshore. I build all the parts domestically I can, and do assembly here.

I have been dealing with this cost issue my entire career but it has really started to bother my me just a bit more in the last year or so. When I purchase something made overseas that supports those people while the company may be in the US it still bothers me about the making of parts. As jfmorris stated about tooling costs is absolutely accurate but that is because the other countries pay the skilled people miserable wages. I have started to look at all of this and I may be selling some of my bbq equipment and purchase stuff made here....we'll see how it goes.

Comment

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At this point in time, we are truly looking at a global economy. Let's say you buy that domestically built smoker - do you know where the steel came from? Don't you think they shopped the market for the best price on the raw materials they use?

Enjoy your grills and smokers, and while may be patriotic to buy domestic made products, it will be the rule rather the exception that those domestic made products may source raw materials and parts globally.

My Cascade smoker is made in Oregon.
                  Also own a Weber spirit and SNS deluxe kettle.
                  Be happy.

Comment

Y'all know that this is an international site, right? That not every member of the Pit lives in the US, and that even among the US members there are Asians?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here