Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meadow Creek Chicken Flipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meadow Creek Chicken Flipper

Hi all
    I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed: I'm interested in a Meadow Creek Chicken Flipper. I read the reviews for the BBQ26 and the BBQ26S posted on this site and I am interested in the latter. I looked on the Big Poppa site and the delivery charge seems really high. I live in Illinois. Does anyone know a place in the Chicagoland area where I can pick one up? Also I am a backyard cook with a smallish family but in the summer I like to cook for friends / family. 20 - 30 people. Is there a model that would let me cook for just a few people but is flexible for a larger group? The BBQ26 seems right but it is low to the ground and I have mobility issues.
    Thanks!!!!

PS I'll pay the delivery price if needed if someone really really likes this cooker. It sounds neat!
    Last edited by perry green; February 10, 2021, 04:13 PM.

I've never heard of this brand. It certainly looks like a fun cooker!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Where you been living HawkerXP Cooped up in your hanger? 😂😂😂

Seriously though Meadow Creek have been talked about here quite often. They seem to be pretty solid cookers and smokers. I almost pulled the trigger on one of theirs but the LSG was just too awesome for me to pass on.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B if its not a PBC I don't know what it is.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahahaha This is very true.

I think there is at least one guy here that has one of these. Unfortunately I can’t tell you who it is. Maybe he’ll check and see your post. Regardless, I have seen these on line. So cool I want one even though there’s no way I could justify one. I just don’t cook for a crowd anymore. Keep us posted. I and I’m sure most of us here wouldn’t have any trouble living this dream through you. 😂
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; February 10, 2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Cubbiehawkbbqfan is the one that owns one.

Comment

Take a look at the St Louis BBQ store. I know they carry meadow creek but you could call and see what they have in stock. I think there might even be a dealer in Indy too.

Comment

If it sounds neat who do you need to tell ya to buy it? Buy it! Take pics when ya get it, especially first cook! Over.
          BTW, it does look neat!

Comment

That looks awesome, you could feed an army off that haha

Comment

• ddevine
              ddevine commented
              Editing a comment
              I live about 30 minutes from where they are made. I own a Meadow Creek SQ36 stick burner and I really like it. Very well built in Amish country by Amish craftsman. In this part of PA we have a lot of roadside Amish food stands and by far the most used chicken cooker I have seen is the Meadow Creek chicken "flipper"

I live near Meadow Creek BBQ and cook at 1 or 2 of their events every year. They are great people who build great BBQ equipment. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything they make. I suggest calling Jessie or Matt at (717) 355 -0779. They should be able to tell you where to buy one in your area or how best to ship one. their website is meadowcreekbbqsupply.com

If you need anything from me, please send me a PM

Comment

Thanks so much everyone! I'll look into the suggestions!

Comment

Holy smokes Batman! I never knew I NEEDED one of these until I watched the video for the BBQ26S stainless patio model. That rotating grate flipping all that chicken is the bomb! And its got fixed grates and griddles to boot!

I'll have to pretend I didn't see it though! I don't see another cooker in the cards here at the Morris house any time soon!

Comment

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Since the new Kamado was free, you ought to be able to justify it!

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha ecowper the problem is, there was no budget or plan to buy a new cooker anyway, so I'll have to be content with the free one - especially since I've only cooked on it 3 times so far.

Right now I am thinking Valentine's Day reverse seared steaks will be the most likely cook on Sunday.

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  jfmorris us BBQ types have to take Gen Mattis’ teachings to heart, but apply it to BBQ. Just like he always has a plan to kill anyone he meets, we should have a plan to get a new cooker! :-)

I have a Meadow Creek Box 50 Smoker. It is a Solid piece of equipment. No complaints at all. I've used it every weekend for a year.

Comment

st louis bbq store!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bbq 26 on high legs!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I looked at them for a while. Incredibly well built. Made in PA which was huge for me as I could pick it up and save the cost of shipping. Ultimately I thought they were a tad overpriced and I fell in love w Lone Star Grillz. However I I still have yet to buy either so my opinion is just theoretical.

Comment

• ddevine
                        ddevine commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, it certainly is handy to be close in distance from them. Last spring I took my SQ36 back and had them clean it, repaint and a foldable stainless steel shelf and extra vents installed. They do nice work and are open to any ideas you may have to customize your unit to fit your needs and their bbq store is well worth the visit to New Holland, PA.
                        Last edited by ddevine; February 12, 2021, 01:40 PM.

I absolutely love my BBQ42 and if you plan on cooking for 20-30 people, I would recommend getting the 42 instead. You don’t have to use a full bag of charcoal if you’re not cooking a lot of meat, so it works just as well for small gatherings. There are a couple of places that have them in stock usually. One as mentioned is the St Louis BBQ Store. Another is one we’ve found on Facebook and is actually where my friend got it from before selling to me, and that is Sling N Steel Custom Smokers. They don’t build anything, just a distributor for a bunch of brands. They’re shipping rate is tough to beat if I recall for backyard models. I post most of my cooks on my Instagram, under the same name...just did 10 lbs of chicken wings on it for the super bowl. Let me know if you have any questions.

Originally posted by perry green View Post
                      Hi all
                      I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed: I'm interested in a Meadow Creek Chicken Flipper. I read the reviews for the BBQ26 and the BBQ26S posted on this site and I am interested in the latter. I looked on the Big Poppa site and the delivery charge seems really high. I live in Illinois. Does anyone know a place in the Chicagoland area where I can pick one up? Also I am a backyard cook with a smallish family but in the summer I like to cook for friends / family. 20 - 30 people. Is there a model that would let me cook for just a few people but is flexible for a larger group? The BBQ26 seems right but it is low to the ground and I have mobility issues.
                      Thanks!!!!

PS I'll pay the delivery price if needed if someone really really likes this cooker. It sounds neat!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here