Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Toy!

This oughta be fun to figure out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA41C270-2203-43F2-B0CC-507382277FC9_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	984023

I see a lot of yakitori and satay in my future. It oughta be good for smaller cooks, too.

-Nice score. You are going to love your new grill.
    - I have had my Konro since 92. I am surprised it survived 2 OCONUS moves. Puppy is still going strong.
    Enjoy your Yakatori, Sate, Bulgogi etc... Shop around on the Sumi.

Comment

I can hardly wait to see what it can do to a can o' Spam!

Comment

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a musubi press on the way, so that's a very probable thing.

I know nothing about those. It looks cool! Is it clay?

Comment

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, unfired clay. According to the manual I'm gonna need to find a spot to store it in the garage since leaving it out in what passes for weather around here is contraindicated, at least during "winter".

Yah, this things gonna be fun.

Used about 1/4 Weber chimney, and could have either started cooking a bit sooner or used a bit more charcoal, but I got almost 2 hours of useful heat out of it.

Name:	07365D8E-35FA-4448-84A4-15ED3DB47C2F_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	984647

Did some pork skewers glazed with a gojujang tare I made last night:

Name:	D4F5BAE5-B5E0-4786-BE3F-CD278819350E.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	984646

Tomorrow is make some yakitori with all the nasty bits. Chicken hearts, gizzards, thigh meat....

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you buy it?

Is this thread full of typos or are you speaking a foreign language? Something tells me there's more to it than "a (maybe not so) portable charcoal grill." Japanese?

Comment

I see a YouTube video demo coming soon! And make sure you use the guitars for the intro music!

that looks pretty cool!

Comment

These are so cool!! lots of fun and so versatile!! Doing little skewers and even a great steak on that bad boy is so much fun! I also love the binchotan charcoal too as it burns so cleanly!!

I really hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Will it fit a spachcocked turkey or an 18 pound brisket?

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL!

Now I'm jealous.

Comment

Attjack I bought it from Amazon, natch.

Comment

Wow, I’m watching the Amazon Prime Food Safari series episode Asian BBQ and came here to look for anyone using these type of grills. They look fun as I’ve been dabbling with my version of Bahn Mi pork rice bowls. They’ve turned out good and the family likes it. Looking for more Asian BBQ ideas. So far I’ve just used a griddle on my gasser and an indoor griddle for the pork.
              Last edited by Mark-B; February 4, 2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Way Cool!!

Comment

You’ve got me really thinkin man. Like the cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here