Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow 'n Sear Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow 'n Sear Sale

I'm interested in purchasing the Slow 'n Sear grill & I see that they are on sale right now (10% off). Does anyone know if they usually have a better sale close to summer (Memorial Day), or is this a good deal?
    Should I wait, or strike while the [kettle] is hot?

Good deal IMO. I’d take it.

Comment

I don't think I've seen too many seasonal sales for the SNS stuff. I think that 10% is only through today.

If you want to save some money, get the one with the regular SNS and not the deluxe version. The deluxe just adds a grid to the bottom, which you don't really need unless moving it around full of charcoal, and a removable water reservoir. I've had the original style with the non-removable resevoir for 3+ years now, and don't regret it.
      Last edited by jfmorris; January 25, 2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Looks like if Shem didn't order it before midnight last night, he's out of luck until the next sale. The 10% on all items is over - now its moved on to a discount on bundles (they were excluded before). I am sure a 10% off ought to happen between now and summer. They didn't have one last year, but the Kamado and kettle were both pretty new a year ago. I think the kettle didn't ship until last summer maybe?

Comment

• Shem
          Shem commented
          Editing a comment
          I posted on the other thread, but I did decide to order the SnS last night! Hopefully it'll be a quick adjustment to cooking on coals!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Shem great! The biggest adjustment (for me) would be that you need to plan an extra 15-20 minutes for the grill to be ready. Assuming you preheat your gas grill for 15, charcoal takes 30 or so to be ready, so just 15-20 longer than gas at the start of a cook.

Something else I would recommend - when you go to buy charcoal, buy a Weber chimney and some Weber starter cubes. Do not EVER buy lighter fluid.

They've done 10% off, on a pretty regular basis. I think they did it right before Christmas too.
        I've not seen them have MORE than 10% off, but I haven't paid close attention.

I'm sure they'll do another one soon.

Comment

It's worth while either way...I can't believe there was a time when I didn't have one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here