Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill Covers Don't Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill Covers Don't Work

well, they do if you don't use your grill. I know I'm not the only one that grills in inclement weather... in fact I sometimes LOVE to grill in the challenge of a decent storm or cold spell.

My covers end up getting trashed by rain or snow on JUST THAT DAY, while I'm cooking. And, I can't put a cover back on a hot grill - that only melts the cover onto the grill.

This is the only cover that really works - I want one... :

Kit form or assembled 😊.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4054C93D-166F-4907-8AF9-07AD026DFEE4.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	915131 Another version - in my yard Wire ear corn crib moved from my parents farm for a gazebo. I have a small pellet grill and a griddle in it now.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        "Welcome everyone to the Tuesday Night Cage Match!"

How sweet is that!

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        And here I was thinking you had monster mosquitos in Illinois...

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Living the life. So cool.

Name:	image_126515.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	915141 This works pretty well.
      Last edited by LA Pork Butt; September 23, 2020, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been pondering what to build for a covered cooking area. I think this is it! I have just the spot for it. Thanks for sharing.

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        cgrover60 I used some plans from Family Handyman. I paid a guy to pour the slab, and my neighbor and I built it.

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks LA Pork Butt. I'm going to have to track down those plans.

I’m lucky I guess, covered patio and covers on all outdoor cookers - the side burner, gasser, kettle and the smoker next to the couch. Living where I do, it’s dusty as get out so that’s the main purpose for me. And it does help. As for cold and rain......what is that....especially ran....and snow???? Hahah. Crazy New Mexico weather! Perhaps we get more of the white stuff now that I just made that comment.

so, I guess you do need the built up cover!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	57 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	915192

Added photo to show the airflow to help against the smoke lingering

Name:	788F96B3-1D7B-4A1A-BBC8-AC47E8E6C2F6.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	915387
      Last edited by barelfly; September 23, 2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow! Beautiful. barelfly Much bigger than I thought. Nice place and great view! Nothing like that here in the flatlands. Just tumbleweeds and people on horseback, cows in the streets...... 😂

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmmmmmm, mountains

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just gorgeous!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here