Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado Joe Kettle!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamado Joe Kettle!?

Spotted this today on YouTube. FWIW. Dunno.

Nice, but a 22 Weber performer is 279 at my local Ace Hardware, add a sns for 59 bucks, way under 499. Heck, the sns deluxe is only 365!

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks more like a Weber Summit competitor.

Nice catch Larry. With KJ now mostly owned by an investment capital firm that also owns Masterbuilt/Smoke Hollow, it would be interesting to know what drove this decision, and what the quality level will be. If it leans toward the original KJ attitude that would be a good thing, toward the other brand(s), less so. Two optimistic statements registered with me. First the notion of being a Weber Kettle killer, cute, but not very realistic. All the rip offs out there from various foreign makes to the SnS people are only nipping at the edges of Weber, there's a lot of historical momentum in Weber's favor. They likely will benefit from good history with KJ, "fan boys" as the guy called them, and if it's a good quality product in it's own right it too might siphon off some sales, but hardly "kill". Then there's the price point. Before the video guy mentioned "around $400" I was thinking it would be roughly half of it's all ceramic sibling at around $6-700, if they come in at $400 then that's potentially good value. Smart to choose the 22" configuration as they can "poach" on a wide world of existing accessories thanks to the Weber aftermarket from day one. I'd agree with the guess that the lid is on a siding bracket to operate without that "smoke roller", vortex/venturi insert, again, nice adaptability for existing accessories while still maintaining a hinged lid. Another shot of "competition improves the breed".

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually there is a disclaimer under the video correcting the price to 499

Interesting. I'll look into this.

Comment

It looks like two neighborhood dogs accidently got loose and hooked up, to everyone's dismay. A nice dog (because they ALL are), but not a breed anyone was looking for.

Comment

• Texas Larry
        Texas Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        🤣 I was sorta thinking the same.

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        The mutts of yesteryear are today's designer dogs fetching 2-3 times more $$$ than a purebred. Just the evolving world we live in these days.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here