Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yakirori Grill or Konro Style Grill- Does anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakirori Grill or Konro Style Grill- Does anyone have one?

I'm pretty infatuated with Yakitori cooking and cooking food on a stick in general. Does anyone own a Konro grill, or a Yakitori style grill or have recommendations of some good ones?

It seems like the manufacturing could be poor and I would prefer to purchase only once.

Thanks- Paul
    Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	862251Click image for larger version

Name:	download-1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	862252

I don’t, sorry. But I love Yakitori. When I was single (30 yrs ago), I use to frequent a Yakitori bar (Terried Sake House in Los Angeles on Santa Monica Blvd.) after work. Always packed with Japanese customers. Once saw Bill Murray there. Teba, hatsu and tsukune were my favorites. Got the chef to give me a couple recipes - tofu steak and squid steak.

Reading your post brought back memories. Those were good times.

Comment

• allsid
      allsid commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out the book Chicken and Charcoal sometime TripleB it takes you through all the chicken cuts and is fascinating. Killer coffee table book- (not much reading).

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my wife to buy it for me for Father’s Day. Looking forward to it. Thx for the suggestion.

I have a Tao Charcoal Burner that is sitting in the garage collecting dust. I wonder if this could be used?

Comment

• allsid
      allsid commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think that would work well-

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone here has one of those and uses it with his wok, I think It's FireMan ?

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a fancy name for a wok oven. You aren’t restricted to charcoal, wood will be jus fine. I works perfectly for a wok. I wouldn’t part with mine!

I have a couple of inexpensive ones I purchased at World Market. One was on sale for $25 and I think I paid $40 for the one I saw on Amazon for $104. The word well for just the wife and me.

Comment

I wrap bricks in foil and line them up in 2 rows the top grate of my kettle like this
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1053.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	863011

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here