Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our New Pride & Joy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics and descriptions
    Looks like ur well into seasoning that bad boy right up!!!

Comment

Oh man that thing is gorgeous!!!

Congradulations to you sir!!

Comment

Natch, this is what immediately popped into my feeble ol Bluesman brain, when I seened yer title. My Sincere Apologies. It's jus how I'm wired, I'd haveta reckon...

Grab up yer flattop, rip ya offa chunka dat goodness, I Double Dog Dares ya...

Comment

• AZ Fogey
          AZ Fogey commented
          Editing a comment
          Now there's a talent that died way too young. On the up side, he probably had a hell of a lot of fun for a good deal of it. Still yet, I'd rather die in bed as really old man.

That grill is an absolute UNIT!

Comment

Have you done any direct cooks? Like burgers or steaks?

This is the other grill I'm considering against the m1.... Looks awesome

Comment

Ecb - This pit does amazing sears because you can bring the charcoal right up to about 3" below the meat. Although I've cooked on it with Grill Grates (they get extremely hot and work great), I don't bother with them anymore for the most part because of the all-over sear I get just using the stock expanded metal grates. Over in the Beef section of the Food channel at https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...old#post845310 there are some seared meat pictures in posts #5 & #7. I can say with confidence that, if you do decide to go with the Lone Star Grillz Adjustable Grill & Smoker, you will never regret it. I have about 90 cooks on it so far out of the 90+ days we've had it, and every day I look forward to lighting it up again. If you do get one, PM me I'd be happy to answer any questions that come up and maybe can make some suggestions to ease you on your way to BBQ Nirvana.

Comment

mbross The only new insight I have is that the pit still looks as good as it did almost 3 years ago after I'd used it daily for 2 or 3 months. It still looks great after very heavy use. It's never been covered. I have 3 other pits and whenever I cook on any of them I wipe them all down with a slightly damp towel to get rid of the AZ dust. This is still my favorite cooker, but I no longer use it very day, mainly because I have an LSG Pellet Smoker, and the older I get, the lazier I get, and the Pellet Smoker is just too easy, and puts out great product. That said, for brisket, ribs or pork butt, the Adjustable is the one we fire up.
              Last edited by AZ Fogey; January 30, 2023, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here