Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has arrived!

Yup, it has arrived, the SnS Kettle. Catch Dave’s e-mail on SnS or go to the site for pre order. It looks & sounds beyond cool.
    Last edited by FireMan; April 24, 2020, 09:44 AM.

Uh oh

Comment

Yeah. One quick look and it has every option and improvement you could ask for. Very impressive

Comment

I originally had mixed feelings about SnS moving away from accessories to full cookers, but the kettle seems to have really good value. Good thing I've already decided on my next purchase being a fireboard and a pit viper for my 26" or I'd have MCS over this.

Comment

We expect a review in the not distant future.

Comment

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Waiting for the production models.

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            Max Good I am glad you are doing one, but I was expecting FireMan to do one.

I could see that kettle ending up in my yard at that price

Comment

• Loren
            Loren commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to do a double take! That is such a good price for all of the features.

Now if I can convince my wife I need a new kettle to go with the offset I just bought 🤔

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            Loren what did you get?

• Loren
            Loren commented
            Editing a comment
            I found a custom built offset on craigslist for $600...I couldn't say no. It's built from a ~100 gallon 1950's air compressor tank and reverse flow. 🤠🤟

Oh great, the wife is gonna love this. And by love I mean hate seeing another cooker appear on the back porch. Great looking cooker!

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            It definitely becomes more difficult as you run out of sacrificial cookers.
            Last edited by Steve R.; April 24, 2020, 10:45 AM.

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve R. I make the deal with the sacrifice, then save that was which was offered up. This can be accomplished by various methods. Plan a large cook where you use both the new and the sacrifice, thereby showing the sacrifice needs to be kept. Loan out the sacrifice, and after a cooling period have it returned. Put it on Craigslist for nearly retail, then when it doesn't sell, say 'Might as well keep it'. Or do a honey-do and say you are too busy to sell it, but you'll get around to it.....not.

• fkrall
            fkrall commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb--Did that work with all your wives?

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious: It's a nice kettle, but the price only gets you the grill. You still have to buy the SnS separately.

Comment

• jhapka
            jhapka commented
            Editing a comment
            Good catch I assumed it was included

Here is the link from their site. Does look like a solid addition. Has anyone seen any videos?

Comment

• au4stree
            au4stree commented
            Editing a comment
            He did a "preview" on their FB page a few weeks ago. I don't recall seeing any action shots, just him talking through some of the features. It's a really nice looking cooker.

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for posting this link - I had no idea what we were talking about.

Annnd I thought you didn't give a rip...

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Uncle, I give, I give. 😊

My problem is, I just got a new Spin grate fer my Weber. Kick myself, fer another two big ones, could had this thing.

Comment

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            But if you buy the SnS kettle you’ll have TWO grates. 2>1. Simple math, that should be enough to convince anyone!

Just saw this too. Is anyone concerned that it's "too" close to the Weber Kettle? I mean, I like progress, as long as it doesn't cross the patent lines. The ash sweep and grill top holder are almost identical. I'm sure it's vetted through Dave's lawyer, but it raised my eyebrow at first look. It looks like a rebranded Kettle that I've seen before, with some mods. Maybe Walmart\Costco or Napolean?
          Last edited by Mark-B; April 24, 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I don't want to be critical, but I guess I thought it was going to come with a SNS and a DNG and still be less than buying a Weber kettle and adding those. At $280 for just the grill (with Easyspin grate), that doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

• GroceryBoy
              GroceryBoy commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought the same thing when I first saw the website. What a deal, $280 for a Kettle just like Weber WITH the SNS.......Opps! Why would I buy a Weber knock off for $280 when I can buy the Real Thing, the Mastertouch 22’ for $220?

Knowin Dave (I don’t know Dave personally just virtually), I think he would approach this like everything else he has, not just a rebranding. First look, he made some thoughtful improvements that were in part done here by some of us‘ns. Yes all kettles do look like they have the same mother cuz they is round & an ash catcher would probably have the look of an ash catcher, it’s how they function that would be the differnce. So, in all due respect ol Mark-B ya have to take a closer look at the merchandise as some would say. By the way, the Napoleon kettle is not a knock off either, just sayin. 😷

Comment

• Mark-B
              Mark-B commented
              Editing a comment
              Meh, it's up to Weber I guess in what they do. BTW, I'm not talking about the ash catcher. Take a closer look at the sweep inside the SNS kettle and the actual lid holder. Nearly identical to Weber! At least the concept. Also, I wasn't saying Napolean is a knock off- i was wondering if Napolean built the darn thing (SNS), geez. just saying 'ol FireMan!
              Last edited by Mark-B; April 24, 2020, 03:07 PM.

Looks like a very nice setup, but I too was suprised the SnS was not part of the deal. After all, isn’t that his core business?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here