Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spark Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Grill

Check out this new charcoal grill!

Very interesting. I have a lot of questions. I am impressed with their website, scroll to make it all move.

Comment

Very interesting and a great way to ensure an ongoing revenue stream by locking owners into their "briqs". What happens if they go out of business? You've got an $800 boat anchor.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Like Bradley Smokers with their unique biscuits.

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee - yes sir, and that was I started this whole journey on. The guy that cuts our lawns and plows in the winter has it, still going strong.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I could not buy into a proprietary fuel system.

Yep that's interesting although a work in progress. I got on their mailing list. Let see what happens.

Comment

If they are still around when my gasser gives up the ghost, this may be tops on the list. I will wait however, to be sure it's not a flop.

Comment

I saw that as well. It looks like a potential PK Killer. If you can really turn the dial to set your temp it will be pretty slick.

Comment

I have seen a couple grills recently that have their own proprietary charcoal. Other than the ongoing revenue stream it probably helps them design a temperature controlled charcoal grill like this. If they had everyone using 20 different kinds of charcoal it would be tougher to design a grill like this. Interesting concept.

Comment

I am curious about the price of one puck, and how long it lasts...

Comment

The propriety charcoal is cool in concept. It takes away the variables of it works as advertised. Anything to gain a little extra control is big.

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A fan and a controller work pretty well though.

They are pre ordering and shipping now. Best I can tell their briqs are $5 each and seem to be good for one use.

Comment

Pretty slick marketing. They know how to speak to those who are in the know. I'm gonna keep plugging away with my Kettle and PBC until the Lord answers my prayer for a Lang (and a flats boat).

Comment

Very slick.

I wonder if you can run it with regular briquettes. If not, you’re hooked to them for life.

Comment

• Polarbear777
                      Polarbear777 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s designed for theirs. Temp control depends on the shape and composition.

I’m sure we could hack it somehow but lots of other options in that price range.

• Potkettleblack
                      Potkettleblack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m not about to buy one. I could achieve similar with a PK and a blower. And probably around the same total cost. I have all the grills I need (for now).

• Polarbear777
                      Polarbear777 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I might know a thing or two about temp control in a PK. ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here