Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lodge Sportsman's Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lodge Sportsman's Grill

I bought this grill about 5 years ago and then loaned it to my son. We drug it out, spiffed it up, reseasoned it, and cooked some fillets and tips. I gifted him the grill since I couldn't unloan it to him!

I had forgotten that it was fun to cook on. The steaks were great.

Some photos -

Cleaned and seasoned:

Click image for larger version

Name:	reseasoned ready to go.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	816443

Hot and ready to go:

Name:	getting hot.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	816442

Cook underway:

Name:	cover photo.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	816441

I love cooking on these little grills!!

Comment

I’m with you, they are just fun to cook on.

Comment

They are terrific little buggers. radshop is about to go into his lunch thing that he titalizes us with his meals. I picked one up about a year & a half ago when Wally’s has them on sale. Pre-panic era.
        I understand the unloan thing but, ya could fit a little interest. 5 years, you should be strong pretty in the IOU department! 🕶
        Last edited by FireMan; March 17, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Awesome! I love the SPG. I use mine all the time.

Comment

I like those. Went to look up the price and came across this interesting thing as well... never seen one. MCS hittin!
            https://www.amazon.com/Outset-76375-...4505451&sr=8-4

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, I like that pan too. Why did you have to go and find that???

Oh, you won't miss it too much, you have a Watchman!

Comment

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw that the Watchman is made in Winchester VA. I had a reunion to attend just down the road from there. My intention was to call and then go by there and purchase one and bring it back home. Unfortunately the reunion as of yesterday is now cancelled. Damm cornovirus.☹️

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmmm, Donw , cornovirus, now there’s trouble!

• Alphonse
              Alphonse commented
              Editing a comment
              Donw, that would have saved you some bucks on freight! I don't remember exactly but I think I remember that the freight was nearly 25% of the kit cost for me. It came in two boxes that were almost 100 pounds total weight. Worse part, my wife drug them into the house so I got caught.

Love my Lodge Grill. We keep it in the travel trailer. Its' compact and fits nicely when stowed away. When fire restriction are in place I'll put it in the fire pit to grill.

Comment

We really love ours. It has a permanent home on the patio table where we use it for kebabs, appetizers, smores, or just a little fire to warm your hands on a chilly night.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                Chili night? I hope you hoarded some TP!

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha! Funny story...we still have 30 rolls from Christmas we picked up at Costco for one of the kids that never came by to pick it up. I always joked with Jill that we were going to deliver it one roll at a time in the darker of the night. Still might once this lockdown subsides.

Alphonse , may I ask what the firebox device is in your profile picture?

Comment

• Alphonse
                Alphonse commented
                Editing a comment
                Jake, that is a Lone Star Grillz fire management basket for my LSG 20 x42.

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
              They are terrific little buggers. radshop is about to go into his lunch thing that he titalizes us with his meals. I picked one up about a year & a half ago when Wally’s has them on sale. Pre-panic era.
              I understand the unloan thing but, ya could fit a little interest. 5 years, you should be strong pretty in the IOU department! 🕶
              Yeah - we are getting to that time of year, aren't we? The SPG has been put away for the long, bitter SoCal winter. I probably need to check it out, clean off any rust, and season it. Sunny days around the corner.

Comment

I've been trying to catch a sale on one. Haven't been successful in catching one in the last few months. Clicked on this link hoping there was one. 😆

Comment

Man, I almost got one of those a couple of years ago. Now I am on lock down and I can't get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                    I've been trying to catch a sale on one. Haven't been successful in catching one in the last few months. Clicked on this link hoping there was one. 😆
                    They're readily available at Amazon. I don't think this price is too bad is it?

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	816835

Comment

• Razor
                      Razor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think it was Walmart that had them on sale last year for ~$70. I waited too long and I’ve been kicking myself ever since.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here