Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pk pro or Weber 22” kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pk pro or Weber 22” kettle

If you were going to buy the basic pk grill or Weber kettle, which would you choose and why? Really don’t need either but MCS hAs a hold on me

You can get a 22 for $50 on Craigslist on a lucky day. The PK is higher end. I've never used a PK but if money wasn't a consideration and I had a choice I would go for the PK.

Comment

I’ve had both and I like the pk better, mainly the last forever with no rust and the rectangular shape and 4 point venting. In the end you can cook the exact same awesome food on either and they are roughly the same size. (Pk is a tad smaller but the rectangular shape fits some foods better) Get the one you like more. If you take care of them they will last decades.

Comment

26” kettle with the SnS and easy spin grate with the DnG.

Comment

I think if you are comparing cost the PK compares to the 22” Performer Deluxe, or even the 26” kettle. Both the 22” and 26” kettle have more cooking area than the PK. If that doesn’t matter, I would go with the Pitmaster club special on the PK that gets you the cover and the elevated grate for $399.

Comment

Well, what do ya like to cook? There are a ton of accessories for the Kettle including pizza makers and a rotisserie. And the SnS makes the Kettle a great smoker. So go with your gut, (or what you want to put in your gut...).

Comment

Depends on what you are doing with it. I prefer the PK for direct grilling and the 22 for indirect. Either grill does fine with both though so you won't be limited with either. If I only had 1 charcoal grill it would be a 22 or a 26 but the PK is fun to cook on too.

Comment

I can't believe no one has given the obviously correct answer. Both.

Comment

• tenphases
                  tenphases commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I should have read this before I posted my answer, your the winner!

This one is easy to me. Kettle. I found a Craig’s Weber Performer with small table for $100. I absolutely love this thing. I have smoked brisket, ribs and pulled pork and countless steaks, chicken pieces, etc.. I have the SNS, baskets, rotisserie (least used), and vortex. Note, the small table and extra height made it perfect for me as I had just a regular One touch and was always looking for somewhere to put my thermometer, pans and such. This kettle does it all well and is only limited by your imagination.
                Last edited by Mark-B; March 15, 2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

If $$’s are the main thing a kettle can be procured for cheap. However, the design of the PK is perfect for indirect, love, love the 4 vents on my 360.

Comment

• 70monte
                    70monte commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me too. I prefer the 360 over the kettle.

My automatic answer is PK, then i think its an unfair comparison. Then I pause and think if i could only have one grill for the rest of my life...... easy answer performer with sns and a cajun bandit conversion kit is a wayyyyyy better machine than a PK with wsm capacity and still cost less. PK bites the dust not even a comp!

Comment

For a little bit more WSCG!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here