Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keveri H1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit from Central Massachusetts

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Yup, nice "lookin" cooker. And as others have chimed in about this cooker, welcome! 😎

Comment

Since you guys asked…first inaugural test cook on my Lone Star Grillz 42” Pellet Smoker last night was a single rack of ribs. Smoke ring was decent and my wife said they were the best ribs I’d ever made (sold our Yoder YS640S last weekend). Smoking a 8.5 lb brisket today using Myron Mixon hot/fast 300° method.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Allon
            Allon commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks really good...

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL. Haven't heard of that one.

Comment

I am also debating the Keveri or a PK360 as an upgrade from an Akorn Kamodo grill the I have been using for the last 7 years now. PK360 still seems a bit small to me, and I don't like the ash cleanup system.

Comment

I haven't seen or used a Kevari so I have no comment on that. I have had a PK360 for about two years. It is well made of very solid aluminum. The design is quite attractive It works very well for two zone grilling and OK smoking small racks of ribs and other small to moderate size meats. It is a high maintenance cooker requiring that you pay close attention to whatever you are cooking.

The grill is relatively small so you can get your fire too hot very easily. The adjustable air tubes work fairly well for temp adjustments Cleaning the ashes is a bit of a pain because the floor of the cooker is not smooth so scooping ashes is not easy. It is best at direct grilling in a two-zone setup.

I actually use my Weber kettle more than the much more expensive PK360. The Weber is very easy to use with less oversight required than does the PK360 which has gone up in price a lot since I bought mine two years ago. I bought the PK360 because Franklin raved about it for hot direct grilling of steaks. He was certainly correct about that but doing anything other than direct grilling in the PK360 is a bit of a compromise compared to larger cookers. The PK360 is very efficient with fuel, doesn't take a lot off charcoal to make it hot.
              Last edited by briano52; February 1, 2024, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• TripleB
                TripleB commented
                Editing a comment
                I only use my Weber kettle with a vortex. Other than that, all grilling is done on my PK360. If I had to choose between the two, I’d let the kettle go in a heartbeat. The PK360 is the best grill and small smoker I’ve ever owned (and I’ve got 14 grill/smokers). Obviously everyone has their own opinion. And I respect yours.

• briano52
                briano52 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Triple B You have me beat. I have only 6 grills and smokers plus 2 Weber Q's used occasionally as portables. I divide my love between the Weber Kettle and the PK360. Both are well built and have their individual strengths. If you haven't done it, try your kettle with a rotisserie. Works great for birds and roasts. Throw a couple of wood chunks on the coals for a light smoke effect. Find your favorite patio chair, relax and have a cold one or two while your meat gets cooked.

Welcome from Winston Salem NC.

Comment

Got to actually get hands on with a Keveri. It's a solid grill/smoker. I was concerned about the fire box not lasting very long but after holding it and the grate which is very heavy duty, I am no longer worried about that. The finish on the outside I think might be susceptible to the finish cracking and flaking but time will tell if we start hearing from users. This is not a huge grill, but being able to go vertical really makes up for that. The seller near me will be demoing the unit soon. I will let you know how that goes.

Comment

I’m still wonderin bout that perfessional extraction!

Comment

OK. I finally pulled the trigger on a pk360. Ships Monday. Local stores are clearencing pk's out as they are moving to online. Got it for $615 + $69 shipping. No tax. More than fair. New and still in the box. Looking forward to using it. What finally made my mind up was.. well the price, but that I like to tinker, and the pk looks like more fun than the Keveri. Hope I'm right. Lol

Comment

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sweet deal and welcome to the PK club.

• MsTwiggy
                      MsTwiggy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Woohoooo!!! That is a deal and exciting!!! Congratulations in that new cooker 😆🔥🔥🔥🐿️

Let us know how you like that new PK, Bluetail66213 . If you have the time, tell us about your first cook after you get the PK all seasoned up.

Kathryn

Comment

I will. Probably next weekend. Thx

Comment

Received the pk360 overnight and it's already set up. Cleanup wasn't too bad either. Next is the burn-in, and then maybe a pork butt this weekend.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
                          MsTwiggy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow, beautiful, they are terrific cookers and you are going to LOVE it. There is a wealth of knowledge here if anything comes up. Be sure to share your cooks!! 🔥🔥🐿️

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240224_080723.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1558581 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240224_080711.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	1558582 First cook. Something I can't really screw up. Lol

Comment

• TripleB
                          TripleB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looks great. I found that the PK360 holds temp very well once it is dialed in and comes back to temp after you open the lid. When I did a prolonged cook, I would use a spilt (oak, pecan, whatever) as a fence and then light my charcoal in a minion method. I’d get about 5-6 hrs and the spilt would provide the smoke.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here