Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa Maria Accessory for Weber 22"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Maria Accessory for Weber 22"

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_144850.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1043618Click image for larger version  Name:	image_144851.jpg Views:	132 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	1036356Click image for larger version  Name:	image_144852.jpg Views:	131 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	1036357 Update 5/31/21: My intention was make paella for the first time, not thinking I would post a review here. So I didn't think to take a wide shot of grill set-up. My apologies,, I'll do better next time..

Received my OnlyFireOutdoor Santa Maria add-on for my 22" Weber Kettle. I'm impressed. Did my first cook using my new Paella Pan yesterday.
    This is an ideal way to control the fire. Typically you use the vents to raise or lower the amount of heat, but that's too slow. Lower the temp? Then raise the grill! Hats off to the cowboy in Argentina who came up with this idea decades upon decades ago.
    Assembly instructions are basic. Instructions omit how to level the grill on the cables. Figured it out while cooking. But then it was too hot to adjust. The brackets that stabilize the grill are a bit loose and so grill can wobble from side to side. I think I'll adhere some hi-temp gasket on each of the insides of the bracket tabs.
    The grill for the 22" Weber fits in the grill ring. And the kettle cover fits over the grill when the cooking grate is fully raised to put the fire/coals out.
    I looked at other makers of type of item. One was over $400 that was one solid welded unit. Since I need to store it in a small shed, I like the fact that just 6 screws/nuts enable it to to be collapsed for easy storage.
    Definitely recommend for grill enthusiasts!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JeffreyQue; June 10, 2021, 05:50 PM. Reason: 2nd Paella... this time with a full picture of the setup.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for the review! I have been considering getting one of those.

Comment

That paella is rocking !!!!

Comment

Man, great pics of the paella. But I don't think I see the attachment? I recently picked up one from TitanOutdoors.com

https://www.titangreatoutdoors.com/o...te-899810.html
          Last edited by Attjack; May 26, 2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea same comment, how do the 2 relate? That paella is killer never-the-less

• JeffreyQue
            JeffreyQue commented
            Editing a comment
            Had short videos of the setup, but I couldn't post them on this site. Is there a way to upload video's?

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            JeffreyQue Yes, the easiest way is to upload to YouTube first. Then click the advanced text editor button (looks like an underlined "A") and press the insert video button. Then paste the YouTube URL and post.

That paella is on point!

Comment

Nice paella! I have been looking at their pizza/rotisserie add-on. Now will be looking at this add-on also. Thank for the review.

Comment

You can see the socarrat on the plate. Nicely done.

Comment

That Paella is gorgeous!

Comment

Love the paella! It’s on the menu for this weekend, per my daughter’s request! What kind of pan is that? Matfer? Looks like a nice carbon steel pan!

thanks for sharing!

Comment

• JeffreyQue
                    JeffreyQue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes it is! 14" cut i only cook for 2-4 people. I didn't need to go larger.

Nicely done. It is a good, solid attachment, and adaptable to other similar sized cookers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco stir fry 06.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1036690

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here