Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravity 980 Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity 980 Thoughts

Finally got the new CharGrill Gravity 980. So far have not cooked anything but here are a few observations.
    It comes in a large box and weighs close to 200 lbs. It's amazingly engineered getting everything packed safely in that box. So you get everything undamaged but a LOT of packing materials to get rid of.
    Directions to put together are steps with pictures. No tips or basic what you are doing. Especially for the electronics.
    This is a two man job. I would suggest you clean up a 10 X 20 foot area. Unpack the box and spread stuff out so you know what you have, then review the directions.
    It took my son and I two hours to put this together. I had to leave for work and have not gotten the burn and seasoning done yet.
    Next will be learning how it works.

Show us!

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

The 980 is a great grill. Keeps temperature fine and has good even heat.
    Two things. The blue tooth has a pretty short range. If it only works 15 feet away not a lot of help.
    Also been having trouble with ash. When I shut it down after a cook, it ends up with 2 inches of ash above the starter. Hard to clean with a third full of coal. Also hard to re-start with 2 inches of ash sitting in there.
    Has this happened to anyone else? What have you been doing?
    Thanks

Comment

No help since I don't have one, but pics please? Give me a reason to want another grill.

Comment

I was going to suggest a WiFi extender but then I realized it doesn’t have WiFi.

With regards to the ash, pics would help for sure as you might be the only poster here with this one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here