Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My SNS Deluxe Kettle courtesy of the April 2021 "Great Giveaway"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SNS Deluxe Kettle courtesy of the April 2021 "Great Giveaway"

Grill arrived within two weeks of award. The SNS staff engaged right away.

No issues noted with the grill during assembly - all parts were included, easy to assemble, instructions were easy to follow - took about an hour. Initial impression - better fit of parts than my weber kettle that this grill replaced.

First cook wasn't BBQ, but was a reverse seared 2" thick, bone in NY Strip. Cooked to internal 140F at about 260F (about 1.5 hrs)) then seared over the coals. Didn't take much charcoal, held temp well, vent settings were almost exactly what I expected. You can see the charcoal load in the picture (hopefully), still a good bit remaining after the cook.

This grill joins my SNS Deluxe Kamado on the back porch and I will share some actual BBQ once I've had a chance to use it a bit more.
    Attached Files

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats - looks great.

Comment

Many thanks fer sharin, Amigo!

Alla th shiny bling bling kinda made my frontal lobes experience some decideidly discomfort, so I shut er down; will watch th remainder , later, I'd haveta reckon
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 3, 2021, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Good looking grill, congrats again on the prize.

Comment

Congrats on the win, great first cook

Comment

Looks great!

Having both the SNS Kamado and a Weber Performer (with SNS) myself, I do think there are times the kettle has an advantage - such as coming up to temperature quicker. I had to abort a cook on the SNS Kamado yesterday, as the 3 starter cubes I put into the lump bed at the bottom just did not get it going quick enough to cook the 4 flank steaks I had in time for a 1PM lunch, and I lit it about 12:15 (when we walked in the door from church). With guests already there, about 12:50 I decided to move the steaks to the flat top (griddle). With a chimney and my kettle, I think I could have had the fire going faster.
              Last edited by jfmorris; May 3, 2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Lookin good! 👍👍👍

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing!

Comment

Looks great. I am sure they jumped right on it. Their customer service is tops.

Comment

Very cool, thanks for updating us and showing us your first cook.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your prize. It's nice to see firsthand the results of the drawing. When I win, and I think I will 🤔), that SNS kettle will probably be my choice, too!

Comment

So shiny and new! I seriously jealous. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Man, you have a nice outdoor cooking area. At first glance it looked like you had fired that up inside!

great looking cook.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBellySam View Post
                              Grill arrived within two weeks of award. The SNS staff engaged right away.

No issues noted with the grill during assembly - all parts were included, easy to assemble, instructions were easy to follow - took about an hour. Initial impression - better fit of parts than my weber kettle that this grill replaced.

First cook wasn't BBQ, but was a reverse seared 2" thick, bone in NY Strip. Cooked to internal 140F at about 260F (about 1.5 hrs)) then seared over the coals. Didn't take much charcoal, held temp well, vent settings were almost exactly what I expected. You can see the charcoal load in the picture (hopefully), still a good bit remaining after the cook.

This grill joins my SNS Deluxe Kamado on the back porch and I will share some actual BBQ once I've had a chance to use it a bit more.
                              Any updates on performance of this grill.? Now that you are familiar with it would you actually buy one?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here