Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son of Hibachi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son of Hibachi

My latest MCS acquisition is this vintage locally manufactured portable hibachi that I picked up at an estate sale for $3. It's my new Yakitori grill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resizer_16169459168780.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	1009722

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resizer_16169459168781.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	386.8 KB
ID:	1009721
    Apparently it's designed to function as its own chimney too. Check out this goofy video from 1979. Plenty of lighter fluid was used but I watched another video where a guy used a fire starter instead which will be my method.

LoL! It looked like my high school graduation party!

Comment

Man that is a beauty of a grill. Cool lighting system too! Did you get a hat to wear with it like in the video?

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet 😂

OUTSTANDING !!!!!

Comment

That video is nuts.

Comment

Good find on the grill and video, I only planned on watching the video for a minute or two but I couldn't stop. The video brought back memories of lighter fluid in a metal container, the sound when you squeezed it and the pop it would make after a little heat got to the metal.

Comment

Can't believe I watched the whole thing.
            Long live BBQ and PBR too.

Comment

Score!!

I want one now, too. Worth *way* more than $3. Five bucks, at least.

I like that it's realistic enough that on the fishing trip they ended up eating burgers.
              Last edited by RobertC; March 28, 2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Good observation 😂 It was actually $6 but everything was half off because it was the last day of the sale. I also got a Weber rotisserie for $4 that I'm giving to my buddy across the street and a 1 pound propane tank for $2.

Got one of these secondhand as well. Works not too bad. In reality, extinguishing and transporting isn’t at all fast. There are better options but this is fun to mess around with.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you ever use it for Yakitori?

Cool little grill!

Comment

I'm not sure what threw me most.....the space heater usage or the random Dracula shot.

I will say, I don't think I could ski and whip out my PBC or Kettle with such flair as they did in the video.

(And what was the kid doing with the tire?!)

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right? He was letting air out of two tires on the car, haha...

So much to unpack in that video....so much lighter fluid...
                Not sure I'd trust the "snuff pack" to put it into my car right after using it
                I love the guy skiing with it.
                The clothes!!
                And, as commented above, what was the kid doing with the tire, and what was up with Dracula??

Comment

To cool! Somethin to shout about, 3 bucks! 👍

Comment

The real question is how did I miss this back in 1976?????

Comment

Both are cool...I love the video.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here