Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Napoleon PRO605CSS Charcoal Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napoleon PRO605CSS Charcoal Grill

I’m looking for comments from anyone actually using a Napoleon PRO605CSS Charcoal Grill.

I’m in the market for a new grill having used both a Weber kettle and a mid-range gasser for grilling and rotisserie for the past 20 years. I currently have nothing.

I've never used that rig. Having nothing is terrible. You needed a remedy fast. Hopefully, someone will chime in that has used one.

Comment

Don’t have it, but was considering it last summer when we were doing our backyard. I liked the adjustable fire grate, and it has good reviews.

I ended up going with the Blaze 32” because we bought a custom bbq island and that was the charcoal model the company had available. What the Blaze doesn’t have - and the Napoleon does - is the front access door for adding fuel during a cook. In hindsight I would’ve gone with something that I could add charcoal or wood to without having to pull up a cooking grate.

Happy shopping. Hope you quickly find the right grill for you. Being "cookerless" is not a fun place.

Comment

I would also consider a Hasty Bake.

Comment

I know nothing of that grill. I have a Napolean gasser. But, that thing looks impressive. It’s adjustable coal tray & back burner for rotisserie is very unique. Napolean construction is top notch. I would really like to no how well that "back burner" works. I know the Hast Bake has been mentioned, but this thing looks like it could do something the HB couldn’t. If it were me, I’d go for it. Knowing the reputation of the company & having a high end coal cooker that is roto capable would be high on my list.

Comment

I also don't know that model but we have the Napoleon Prestige pro 500 ss gasser and its very well made. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Napoleon product.

Comment

I've never used that cooker but it looks mighty fine. A friend of mine sings the praises of his Napoleon gasser all the time. If this one doesn't suit you, consider a Hasty Bake, those have been around a long time and have wonderful reviews.

Comment

I like the features of that Napoleon, and wonder how that charcoal fired rotisserie burner works. This is at the same price point as the Hasty Bake, and has a lot of the same features, so I would have to compare them closely to each other.

Comment

Thanks to all for your suggestions and encouragement.

Hasty-Bake looks interesting however they have no dealers in Canada. Amazon.com will not sell the Gourmet 256 to a Canadian address. Amazon.ca offers it, but wants $8,609.13CDN (that’s $6,424USD at today’s rate).

The Blaze 32” also looks interesting however it only comes as the head and I have no desire to build an outdoor kitchen.

There is a Napoleon dealer less than a 10 minute walk from my house

The Napoleon factory where this line is made is about an hour north of me.

Comment

Came across this thread. Did you get the napoleon pro605css charcoal professional bbq? If yes how has it performed? Have you smoked anything on it.?

Comment

Looks pretty sweet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PRO605CSS-5.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	833498

Click image for larger version

Name:	0979609d686cbe9524502a6beed4e4c5.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	833499

Comment

It does. Do you have one?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here