Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Napoleon Pro 500 RSIB Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napoleon Pro 500 RSIB Question

After donating my Hestan Aspire, I have been revisiting a new gasser to replace it. The Napoleon Pro 500 RSIB has popped to the top of my list. I know the materials are not as robust as some others (not 304 stainless, and what stainless it has is a lesser grade), but the features and size look really appealing.

What things do you folks who have a Napoleon gasser think of as "negatives". Design issues? Materials? Support? I have seen the grill at a local dealer, but thought to ask folks who have one of models and have some real experience with it.

Thanks in advance.

After a couple of months of nerdy research & valuing Max’s review I got the Rogue. It’s not the Pro 500, granted, but has performed most admirably. The "less than robust materials" does not compute. Further more, as compared to what? This was a couple of years ago & the results I have had are great. I don’t place a lot of trust in outside reviews anymore, mostly by members here & of course our formidable Max Good .
    PS. Support, I have heard nothing but stellar reports. Stress heard, cuz I have not needed anything.
    Last edited by FireMan; March 21, 2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan Thanks. The materials comment is related to the thickness and grade of steel and other components. The stainless steel is thinner and of a "lesser" grade, ie. 430 or 416 grade versus 304 or 316. The cart walls are thinner than the Weber Summit for example. So, maybe "robust" is a bit of a loaded term.

We have a Napolean prestige, it is more than ten years old now and we have had no issues, we replaced a temperature gauge and one pan that rusted away and the replacement pan is now made from SS.

Comment

I've had one for 10-12 yrs, you can't go wrong. The only thing that I didn't like was the cheap casters and thermometers. Having a GMG pellet grill, I found I wasn't using it much anymore so I bought a second one and turned the pair into a big flat top. I disassembled them both, all 8 burners were as good as new, very good quality. Other grills I've had the burners only lasted a few years. Go for it, you'll be happy

Comment

Napoleon is in a lower price range than Hestan Aspire. It's reasonable to expect Hestan construction to be better.

Comment

Max Good Yup, My wording was maybe construed as disparaging. I meant only to highlight that I know the materials are different, and thus cost and maybe durability would a consideration. I’m quite impressed with the Napoleon and will going to my local dealer tomorrow. Not quite MCS - Cooker Replacement Syndrome (CRS)?

Comment

I've had the Napoleon Pro 500 RSIB for three years now and have zero complaints. I would buy it again today if I needed a new gasser.

Comment

The side burner shelf end cap, which is a hardened plastic cracked about a week ago on my Triumph. I bought it this past August. I completed an online claim on it this Friday evening and early this morning (Monday) I got confirmation of replacement parts on their way. Pretty good customer service in my book. Other than that, I think Napoleon is a great grill. In my opinion, it was more solid than any other grill in the same price range, it heats up pretty fast and gets quite hot.
              Last edited by Rocinante; March 22, 2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here