Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Masterbuillt Charcoal Cabinet Smoker With Fan Control and WiFi - 1320 inches of Space for $350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Masterbuillt Charcoal Cabinet Smoker With Fan Control and WiFi - 1320 inches of Space for $350

I mean, we have to give them credit for pushing the innovation envelope, especially at this price point. I'm not aware of any other cabinet charcoal smokers that offer the ability to dial in temps like this, which is why I am posting it.

Masterbuilt makes innovative digital charcoal grills, griddles, electric smokers, propane smokers, combination grill & smokers, fryers and more. For the backyard griller or on-the-go meat smoker, master the art of cooking with Masterbuilt.

Presumably it needs to be powered. That's a potential drawback. My ThermoTemp XL controls temps by analog means and needs no power. Drawbacks to my are 1) propane, not charcoal, if that matters to you, 2) not "connected," you have to go to the smoker to change the temps, and 3) (possibly) more precise/accurate temp control with digital PID.

Comment

Yeah, the control panel looks identical to the 560 so I would assume you'd need a electric cord.

Comment

Interesting. I look forward to watching/reading some in-depth reviews on this.

Comment

It appears to be the Gravity Series' functionality added to a cabinet style setup. I like it! Of course it will need power, there's a fan and thermostat.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly. Pretty nice!

I guess they have a kamado and barrel cooker left.

Comment

Loving the ingenuity from Masterbuilt. I'm surprised we haven't seen other companies improve on their ideas yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree.

Nice, good price point also.

Comment

I love the idea of not having to shell out Backwoods/Humphreys money to test out a style of cooking.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thinking the same thing.

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                Brilliant!

Masterbuilt is coming up with more and more innovative products at affordable prices. We'll be looking at this one shortly.

Comment

• imagingh
                imagingh commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking forward to seeing the review, this is on my short list for my next smoker.

I am expecting quality to be a bit of a let down, but I have to think this is a great entry level smoker for a lot of people that want to cook a lot of food on a regular basis.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree but I think it’s at a good price point for its quality. I’m sure you’ll be able to pick it up below retail and heck I might do that just to give it a shot!

In my opinion, there are very few things as good as ribs hung in a cabinet smoker.

Comment

Tempting. I'll see what Max and others think about it and might grab it in the spring (I don't really smoke in the winter much)

Comment

My Cuisinart grill/smoker is rusting already. I'm looking at this as a replacement as well as the Pit Boss Brunswick....two new vertical smokers. Charcoal as a fuel is a great idea.

Comment

Forum is quiet about the 40 inch vertical for several months. Has anyone tried it out? Given that Masterbuilt appears to have addressed some of the problems with the 560, I wonder whether it has transferred those improvements to the 40-inch vertical. Seems like a heckuva deal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here