Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions between 2 different Masterbuilts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how anyone smokes anything without wood and fire, or a pipe...

Comment

Pulled the trigger on a Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie Prime Plus model. Was able to get 12 month same as cash deal, so it was a no brainer for me measuring the features for price. Got the Bowie Prime Plus, thermal blanket, grill cover, extra rack, grill mat and the wood fired pizza attachment. Will be picking it up this week. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice, pros and cons for the various models you mentioned. I may not appear to have taken everyone's advice, but I did consider it and did research which led me down many different rabbit holes to my final decision. I think the Bowie is going to be just right for me, considering the smaller Daniel Boone model has a Gold rating from Amazing Ribs, I feel pretty good about my choice. Thanks again everyone for your input, it really is appreciated.

Comment

I have the 560..about 25 cooks so far..
        to date i have not had any issues..i did order 3 new switches..just in case..i do stress more than i need to at times..i cleaned it up today with LA cleaner from dollar store..that stuff works...i also have ordered the fire box insert /also to date mine has not failed/ just more worry...the stainless steel grease diffuser and the drip pan supports...and the rear smoke stainless diffuser...
        . in close i still like this pit a lot...the new 800 .
        would be the one i would buy today

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here