Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems With The Masterbuilt 560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems With The Masterbuilt 560

In the few weeks since we completed testing on the new Masterbuilt Gravity 560 we have encountered a major flaw and we have retracted our Platimun Medal. More info here
    Masterbuilt's Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker is a one-of-a-kind machine. It marries the ease of thermostatic control with smoky charcoal flavor. We haven’t seen anything quite like the Gravity Series. Read our review to learn why we love it in spite of a couple significant flaws.

Thanks. Someone does need to remove the Platinum Award graphic towards the bottom of the page.

Comment

It seems unchanged, and still bears the platinum award, did I click too fast?

Comment

What is the major flaw? It looks like it's the original post. I just bought one online and need to figure out if I need to cancel the order

Comment

Yea seems like the old review and is still marked as "Platinum"

Comment

I first saw his Tweet about this (not this thread) and it do had the original link too. I replied that the review appears to be the original one and the Platinum award remained.

Comment

Yeah I just went through the review and it still has no major issues of note. I guess that will be corrected shortly. Huskee must have run into trouble since the initial review.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Mebbee he’s locked out. 👀😎

This must be the problem:

Huskee Moderator eapples • 18 hours ago
              Update: Tonight after cleaning up for a rib cook I do see evidence of buckling and deteriorating metal in the lower area inside of the firebox, only the inside though, nothing visible on the outside beneath the heat shield. We will be getting ahold of MB to see what can be rectified with this, and we will deliberate how this issue will affect our rating. Stay tuned!

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty serious issue for a cooker he has used for maybe 2 months. I’ve worried about getting even 5 years from a Masterbuilt cooker based on the ones I’ve seen in the past, but hoped for better here.

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                There’s been extensive discussion of the firebox warping and/or burning through over at FB as some users have reported similar issues. MB has responded to indicate that it will provide new firebox parts under warranty to fix the issue. The new inserts are $30 otherwise. Some users have opted to buy SS inserts from a FB user for a bit over $100.

Read the comments below the review. There was an issue with the firebox, apparently.

Comment

Phew glad I waited, hopefully they fix the defect soon

Comment

Lothar's comment: ‘Thank you for contacting Masterbuilt Customer Support. The metal plates in the lower portion of the hopper hold the firebrick in place and protect it during shipping. These burn out and drop into the ash pan. They are not necessary for the grill to function and we’re not offering a replacement part, since they are meant to be temporary.’

This is what I mentioned above with regards to the firebox burn through.

Usually, MB will offer to send over a new firebox kit under warranty for free depending on the type of damage the pictures show. The issue has been discussed extensively over at the FB groups. Frankly, the discussion at FB over the issue usually devolves very quickly into angry shouting, so it's not very fun to wade through.

With this happening to Huskee, I think the actual number of examples I've seen that are supported with pictures are perhaps 4-5 that MB has sent out new parts on. This is in a group that now has over 6000 MB 560/1050 owners. Hundreds of individuals have bought the SS inserts over at FB. It seems to me like MB is doing the right thing by addressing legitimate warranty issues with free replacements.

Personally, I keep an eye on my firebox, and if there looks to be damage, I will get it covered under warranty. I feel like the SS inserts are not worth the cost, especially if they are failing too per user reports. The reports still seem to indicate this is a very unit specific issue, in my view, depending on user usage, temps, and burn times, and not necessarily a widespread problem. Again, with MB stepping up to fix legitimate issues, it doesn't seem like the issue is particularly major.

There's another Huskee screenshot that says the fan is now inoperable and the unit is effectively dead. That is the first time I've seen anyone report that issue. I hope MB can fix the issue to AR's satisfaction.

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, if it functions fine with those parts burned out, and nothing else burns through, and it has a fire brick, seems more a cosmetic issue to the interior of the firebox than a functional issue.

• mnavarre
                  mnavarre commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda seems like the kind of thing you might want to put in the owners manual, really. Not that it'd be likely to help all that much, but still.

• STEbbq
                  STEbbq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have been thinking along similar lines to be honest.

We added a statement at the beginning of the review and changed the rating to "Not Judged." If you do not see that, clear your cache and reboot your computer.We spoke at length today with Masterbuilt and they provided some reasonable explanations which we are evaluating expeditiously.

Comment

Refresh the page or clear your browser cache.

Comment

I ordered one of these LITERALLY 2 hours before this was posted.......

Comment

Well, that's disappointing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here