Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iberico Ribs and Pizza on the Masterbuilt 560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iberico Ribs and Pizza on the Masterbuilt 560

This is gonna be a short post, just wanted to share today's cook with ya. FIred up the Masterbuilt 560. It was time to do a traditional low 'n slow on it, so I applied my Fish Bait Rub to some glorious Iberico Ribs. Filled the hopper with some B & B hickory charcoal (large chunks), and used 4 chunks of lilac wood for smoke flavor. Let the ribs go for 5 hours, then they were just between tug-off-the-bone and fall-off-the-bone. Perfect for me, and pretty darn tasty! That pork meat is to die for. This was a 1.8 kilo (4 lb) slab of ribs, very meaty.

After that, cranked it up to 700° F, dropped my Fredstone pizza stone in there, whipped up a pie and cooked it in 10. minutes. Man, that cooker is so much fun! And it's almost too easy!

Wibs

Click image for larger version

Name:	Masterbuilt_560_iberico_ribs.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	855923

Pizza

Click image for larger version

Name:	Masterbuilt_560_pizza.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	855922

There'll be more to come, post-editing a YouTube video now that will be published on Friday.

Yes! I love Iberico ribs. What's in your Fish Bait Rub?

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Mainly Lime pepper, fennel seeds, oregano etc. very tangy/herby, got great reviews from the store owners and customers (I shared the ribs all around).

You’re killing me. The MCS is beginning to boil over!! 🤣😂

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Come join us! The cult is growing!

I was lookin' at that grill in Home Depot this morning....

Comment

Lilac wood? You a little light in your step there buddy?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        It is light, but good. Any wood works, wanted to try out this combo on this cooker.

I didn't know you had one of these, cool. And I love lilac wood! It has a very peppery presence, that's the only way I can think to describe it. Very unique.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m lucky in that I can borrow it to cook on it. But it’s great!

That Lilac wood has inspired me. How about wood from the Rainbow Tree? What do you think Troutman?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Rainbow tree.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	855975Click image for larger version  Name:	Rainbow tree2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.2 KB ID:	855976
      Nice looking ribs by the way.
      Last edited by ofelles; June 2, 2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the most politically correct tree I have ever seen !!!

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it's a type of eucalyptus and when it sheds it's bark this is what happens

Henrick, those look great.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here