Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Masterbuilt Portable Gravity Feed-ish grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Masterbuilt Portable Gravity Feed-ish grill

Look what MB is up to now:

Pretty small cooking space, but kinda neat.

That looks very cool!

Comment

Interesting. Looks about the size of a PK but with a self feeding mechanism for the charcoal... pretty cool really.

I looked at one of the MB gravity fed grills yesterday in Home Depot for the first time in person, and liked what I saw on the MB 1050 model.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my 1050 last fall when they were 50% off at Walmart. I absolutely LOVE it for that price!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        tbob4 I'm pretty reined in too, when all our cash is going to medical/vet/remodel bills right now...

Steve R. if I saw it for half price, I would be forced to buy it no matter what!

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, that's how I ended up buying one. I had no interest when they were $800, but couldn't not buy it for $400. Now it's easily my most used cooker.

Nice for all your portable needs: camping, tailgating, etc.

On a related note, with very few exceptions, today marks 726 days since I went more than 10 miles from my house. *crying*

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Go campin!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Time for a road trip! Go hunting the best BBQ in Kansas City, Memphis, and Texas!

Another clever design!

Comment

People like to knock MB for not building $2K heirloom cookers (read: people call them junk, which I think is an unfair knock but we all have opinions), but you cannot deny their trail blazing and ingenuity.

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          The easy solution is to just introduce another brand name with no MB references and sell the $1500 version themselves.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          STEbbq Agree, I'd be interested.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Value is there for sure. Their customer service is very lacking so you are kind of on your own and you factor that into the lower price.

So how does the temp control dial work? Is there a built in fan? That's what the electric is for?

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, and it's able to be used on 4 AA batteries too.

MB build quality is 4/10, but their designs are very nice. I would still have the MB 1050 if only it could have survived the use of too much wood all at once.

this little one is is similar function as my pk but I had to set up a fan etc. If I didn’t have the pk…

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          As you probably know, there is a TON of assembly required when you bring it home. The materials are pretty lightweight (and I assume that's what you are basing the 4/10 on), but I had not one issue with parts not going together just like in the instructions. I don't think I have ever assembled something where all the pre-drilled holed lined up like they should, but this one did.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          The fab is decent and what you'd expect for the price. The electronics were a mess and required a lot of fixing. In the end I ran it entirely (fan also) from my fireboard because of electronics failures and app bugs.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate MB's app. I refuse to use it. I tried it twice (for the reviews) and found it would work sometimes and be buggy sometimes, and for me reliability sometimes isn't good enough, or the convenience of the app is a moot point altogether. Thankfully mine ran great w/o the app.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here