Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1050 gravity photo/measurement request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1050 gravity photo/measurement request

My buddy has narrowed down his selection of a smoker to between the Masterbuilt 1050 gravity and the PitBoss 1150 pellet.

His main concern at this point and probably the deciding factor between the two is capacity. The PitBoss has a larger main grate, but the Masterbuilt has a second full cooking rack.

Can anyone take a measurement of the distance between the top of the main rack and the bottom of the second rack? Does anyone happen to have any photos of spatchcock'd turkeys on the main rack with the second rack in place?

Any photos of big cooks/ stuffed 1050s? What's the most you've cooked at one time?

Thanks and happy smoking!

I don’t have a 1050 to measure but I would point out that the MB1050’s square shape gives it a lot more usable capacity to fit meats in versus the typical curved roof.
    Last edited by STEbbq; December 11, 2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

You can get three half sheet pans in the 1050.

The masterbuilt wins if you regularly need temps over 400 and/or want to direct grill. And if you are ok messing with charcoal and wood instead of pellets.

Comment

There is not actually a second level full cooking grate, just a narrow one. But the distance from the bottom grate to the second is 5.5". There is a nice looking aftermarket option for full sized 2nd and even 3rd level grates that I'm considering.

I haven't even tried to max out the capacity until I come up with a better way to manage the drippings

Comment

• grillinglousiana
          grillinglousiana commented
          Editing a comment
          get the ss cover on the manifold with brackets...4..will hold 2 weber pans under the cast iron grates..lss mods. com

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          grillinglousiana, I actually have the LSS Mods stuff coming as a Christmas gift. I just don't have it yet. 🙂

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here