Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS flareup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS flareup

I rarely go to Walmart, and almost never on a Saturday. But today, just inside the front door, I see a MB Gravity Series 1050 marked down to $398.50. Deal or no deal? I really don't need it. But at half price, I kinda do.

Of course you do! Embrace the MCS!

Comment

I know your feeling.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto

Given I put 100 + cooks into mine before a tree took it out I’d have it in my trunk already at that price.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I can totally see that and your feet wouldn’t even be touching the ground…

It’s $799 on Amazon; why are you torturing yourself?

Comment

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        Same old, same old

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        But Steve R. this time you can tell her you bought it as an investment. Explain the great price deal. Tell her that you just need to use it for a few cooks to confirm everything is in working order and then you'll put it up for sale. When she complains because you still have it in a year, tell her you tried to sell it but no takers. Ah well, an investment gone awry. Next time you'll stick to stocks.

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        She'll get over it

Reckon it depends on jus what yer wantin to do, an where yer cookin is headin, Brother...

Only yerself can decide that.

Dang danged Hard, though, to pass up fitty % Off...

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I do love a great deal. Last time I saw one that good, a Ranch Kettle followed me home.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I occasionally have fevered dreams of findin a deal on a Ranch Kettle, Amigo! Good on ya!!!

Kinda fonda them Webers, lil bit, ya might could say...

I would look at it like this - get it for that price and pick up accessories with all the money you saved. Use that logic and you will REALLY get your butt kicked

Comment

It is also a brand new and innovative experience! Nothing else like it at that price point! You could probably flip it for at least break even….eventually!

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          That's exactly the way I think about these things. As I told my wife, at least I don't do this with vehicles anymore. 🙂

The best advice I can give is just do not fight it. Not worth the stress.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent advice, Brother!

It also avoids th whole dang danged Remorse thing, as well...

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you're going to experience a certain amount of stress either way. Better to be stressed and have a grill than be stressed without one.

Wow. That's a serious temptation for sure. I really like the tech but something about having to plug it in just bugs me enough I can resist. For now. lol

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          four ten

Not a done deal yet, but I did work into the conversation over dinner that I went to Walmart today and saw this. After her eyes stopped rolling and I had to name all of the cookers I have owned since I started out with a MES 30" years ago, she seemed okay with this. But it's going to take sacrificing a cooker; probably the WSM 22". Is that crazy talk?
        Last edited by Steve R.; September 25, 2021, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Buy the new one. Swear that the market is slow for the WSM until spring. After all, that’s wht the MB is on sale right? The WSM never leaves.
          Last edited by Jfrosty27; September 25, 2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            My man here knows the secret.👍👍👍

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            It's been a while since I pulled that one out of my bag of tricks! So long that it just might work! 😎

For that price, I'd have gotten on the spot.

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Somebody else apparently did. Went back about 6 hrs later and she was gone. 🙁

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah well. Hey, we got you prepped with excuses and plans for the next one! 👍

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Your wife probably ran over there and hid it in the makeup aisle. Just saying.

K.

Great deal on a very fun (and tasty) cooker. Too bad she's gone.

Comment

Bummer. At least you are preapprove on the next one!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here