Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Controller for MB 1050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    $100 is a steal for sure

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    It's none of your fault! I appreciated the suggestion. I'm guessing it's either an app or network card issue. I could pursue those further but can use the fireboard for other things as well. I thought I got a good deal on that with all of the probes. Thanks again for your help!

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Well, it worked out for me so sorry to hear it didn’t work out for you. WiFi problems are so hard to troubleshoot. I just gave up a few years ago and upgraded to a mesh network which fixed a lot of things. It sounds like the FB will work better!

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, several times. I also made sure I had the latest app version. It did connect long enough to download the latest firmware to the grill but that was about it.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Have you tried removing the smoker from the app and adding it back with the new antenna installed?

• jpietrantone
    replied
    It didn't for me. Ironically the Bluetooth connection was better with it, but the app kept dropping the connection with the grill. I honestly don't get the issue with the wifi. I can easily run my phone standing next to the grill. Maybe something is messed up with the wifi network card in the controller?

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Did the WiFi antenna work?

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    replied
    Just a quick update. I found a gently used Fireboard on Facebook Marketplace for 100. Comes with 2 ambient probes and 5 meat probes. I also ordered the drive cable and the custom connector cable from the bbqhq. MCS strikes again. It will be great to use this with my WSM as well.

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for all of your info and insights! I found a BBQ website who has made a cable that plugs into the 2 wires going to the MB controller that then would plug into the fireboard drive.

I've ordered the antenna that STEbbq recommended for a short term fix. I'll probably try to get the fireboard after Christmas. I've wanted one for awhile anyways.

• Polarbear777
    replied

of course you don’t need the fireboard pro. Any controller that will send 0-12V DC to the fan should work.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Can wire in a barrel plug if desired

DC Power 12V 5.5mm x 2.5mm Barrel Male Plug Connector Pigtail (20AWG) 50cm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016IGA60S...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    I used the fireboard pro, which can drive the fan. The fan and controller are both 0-12V DC and so is the fireboard so all you have to do is splice in the fan.

if you use the FB pro, you can plug in the built in thermometer from the master built or any other high temp K-type probes.

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome...thanks! I may upgrade the controller anyways in the future but would love to get this working better.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Yup. The connection fits perfectly.

• jpietrantone
    replied
    So did you just screw the new antenna into the existing connection?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here