Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally saw Gravity Series 560 in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally saw Gravity Series 560 in person

I finally came across one of these bad boys in a local store last weekend. I didn't look for too long, as I was quickly losing sight of SWMBO, who kept on moving when I stopped to look at the 560. My main impression, having never seen anything but pictures, is that it was much smaller than I expected it to be. I guess that is why they have two larger sizes now. I guess I've never looked at the grate dimensions to realize the size of the main cooking chamber.

I certainly hope that they continue to improve this, as I find the concept intriguing, and more options is a good thing. If I bought one of these it would have to be one of the two larger sizes to handle my expectations of what would fit on it. I guess I was expecting a cook chamber closer to my offset than to my kettle in size. Maybe I am jaded by too many big grills around here (24x36 grate on the offset, 18x33 on the gas grill, and 20x46 on the Camp Chef griddle). That said it seemed in line size-wise with a lot of the smaller pellet smokers, like the Camp Chef 24" series.
    Last edited by jfmorris; May 27, 2021, 01:07 PM.

It's small(ish) in a store display with other grills by it. But it has a decent amount of space. I cooked two full packers in mine.

Comment

I'm still waiting for Old Country to start making theirs again, don't understand why they stopped.

Maybe LSG will heed the call ????

Comment

The 1040 can accommodate 3 half sheet pans.

Comment

SWMBO, LOL, looked it up.
          The older I get, and the longer I'm married more SWMBO'd I get.
          Last edited by bbqLuv; May 28, 2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Obedience to or at least humoring SWMBO is the key to a long and happy marriage!

Char-Griller just rolled out their version which looks promising. We plan to review it soon.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Look forward to a Good review to the Max.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here