Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGS 560 Finally On Its Way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGS 560 Finally On Its Way!

The upside of using frequent flier miles to satisfy my MCS is that, depending on how one looks at it, I get to satisfy my MCS for free, the downside is that at least with Air Canada, that satisfaction can take a while to be fulfilled. I have finally received notification that my MGS 560 is on its way and I can't wait, though apparently I will need to wait at least a day before I begin to assemble it as it is due to arrive on Tuesday which happens to coincide with our 30th wedding anniversary. Pretty sure spending the day assembling a new cooker and seasoning it won't go down very well.
    Can't wait to get to my first cook on this bad boy!

Your wife will enjoy your full attention on that very special anniversary day, I'm sure. It's a measure to true love to let your new toy sit, still crated, while you celebrate together. Good move.

Kathryn

Comment

Congrats and just how comfy is your couch?

Comment

You may be wondering why I've not posted any pictures of either my new 560 or of any cooks done on said unit. Well, let me fill you in one my tragic tale. The 560 was picked up by Day & Ross (a Canadian trucking company) on 5/6 with, as I mentioned above, an expected delivery date of 5/11. That never happened. I let it go for 4 or 5 business days and then began calling Day & Ross, repeatedly, like every day. They couldn't even tell me where it was. First they said that since they don't deliver to my area, it was sent to a partner for delivery. A couple of days later the story was that it wasn't actually sent to that partner. A couple of days after that, it was sent to a different partner. A couple of days after that I was given a phone number for said partner which upon calling, told me that number is unable to accept incoming calls. Back to Day & Ross... After numerous promises of call-backs or email updates that never were kept, I spoke to someone there on Tuesday and was assured that it had now been sent to JDS Express, a partner, for delivery and that apparently delivery had been attempted on Monday, but they had the wrong address. They've know that there were 2 different addresses on the waybill for some reason from my very first call to them and were well aware of the correct one. I was also given a working number for JDS Express. Called that this morning and was told that I had the wrong JDS depot so was given another number to call. Called that one just a minute ago and finally got the right number, spoke with a very helpful person and after confirming the correct address was assured that it will be delivered tomorrow between 1:00 and 5:00. Fingers crossed, I should be able to assemble and season on Saturday and then do my first cook on Sunday! Pics to follow (hopefully).

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW - I had exactly the same problem with the same carrier for my Napoleon gasser which I also bought with Air Canada points a few years ago.

• jpietrantone
          jpietrantone commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! I hope you get it today! I have the 1050 and like it a lot! It does a great job searing and low and slow. Just make sure it's on a level surface when cooking. I have a grease stain on my driveway where it ran down the left front leg during a long overnight brisket cook.

• lostclusters
          lostclusters commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, them points sure seem to come with more then thier fair share of grief and aggrevation!

That sounds seriously annoying. Fingers crossed for tomorrow’s arrival. Six weeks from ordering to delivery is pretty rough. I really hope the cooker arrives in good shape and you don’t have to repeat the process for parts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here