Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ash Bin Rack for Wood Chunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ash Bin Rack for Wood Chunks

I've been doing my research and having a rack in the ash bin to set chunks of wood on seems like a good idea. I haven't been able to find the ash bin measurements for a 560 yet, but I imagine this rack would fit. Should last as well since it is 304 stainless. Would someone either let me know what the ash bin measurements are, or have a look at this and tell me if you think it will fit? Thanks!
    Lixada Mini Folding Grill Rack with Adjustable Gear for Camping Hiking Fishing Barbecue Garden Kitchen, Grills - Amazon Canada

As soon as i get home i will send you the measurements...
    meanwhile check this out
    Luke Simington [email protected]
    he makes this insert...last i checked he was having supply issues with material..but at first i just put wood chuncks in the ash bin and they burned just fine...you are really going to like this pit
    Attached Files

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time. I looked at Luke's site, the problem is that mod is $45 USD plus shipping versus $30 CAD with free shipping. :-)

• grillinglousiana
      grillinglousiana commented
      Editing a comment
      yes that is right...the front shelf i added. to mine i like a lot..Tom Horseman on utube is where i got the idea...a lot of the mods i have done u will not need as masterbuilt has addressed some..the manifold and clips for a weber water pan i recommend..you can check out my mods on this amazing ribs site...

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      grillinglousiana - I've read pretty much all of the Masterbuilt posts in anticipation of this baby arriving. Can't wait to start cooking on it!

pkadare..this is the info on the ash bin
    at top
    9x101/4 x63/4 deep
    bottom
    7x101/4
    from top down to Lukes grate is 2 inches
    one thing i have been paying attention to is there seems to be more fly ash in the mainfold
    after ive installed my mods..i think and am not sure but the wood chuncks are now close to fire fan inlet..not getting on food just something else for me to wonder about..i am now up to 12 pits..i have modified them all..just need something to do ..
    u will love the 560 for sure
    Attached Files

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much! Someone who has the new style grate that the charcoal sits on indicated that very few embers drop down into his ash bin now so he feels that with the new design putting wood in the ash bin is kind of a non-starter. I'm assuming mine will come with the announced fixes so we'll have to see.

that is good to hear..i add wood chunks to mine still..i really think it adds to the smoke flavor you get...hot ashes light the chuncks..i find...you will find this pit will go from 225 to 700 with no problem.
    makes grate bbq/calzones/puzza/chicken..and fish..love this pit.
    so easy to use..
    i burn mostyl lump..Fogo..or B&B...if i do charcoal it is B&B.

Comment

Man you’ve been a busy son of a gun, ash buns, new cooker, than a new cooker in yer dreams. You need to git a handle on things before sumthin explodes.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        and I'm getting my first Pfizer jab today. I am pretty excited about that though still a bit more excited about the new cooker. :-)

I have to admit when I first read the heading I thought it said "Ash bin for wood chucks" Got to start using my glasses more!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here